Curling

I organize a bonspiel every year and I had an entire team bail on me today and we play Sat. Jan. 26.

I have one person but need 3 more. Anyone want to try curling? This is a beginner spiel - no experience/equipment necessary. Start at 10:30 done by 4ish. Plenty of time to squeeze in a sng before Waterlooser's tourney. :)
Seriously, I'll bring some chips.

$20 - 2 games of curling, some pizza, snacks. Fun guaranteed.

Bar is open all day. If you lose, the winning team buys a round, so the more you suck the better. :)

It's in Ayr.
http://www.conestogac.on.ca/~rschaaf/ACCMap.pdf

Comments

• Ok I don't know if this a good idea or not but I'll reveal my 'one' person.

It's DrTyore ok. Up to you to decide if his antics are a plus or minus.:D

You know the beer will flow. So how about a CPF team?
  • I don't mind playing. I have played a couple of times before so I might be able to stay standing for more than a few minutes...
  • An added note, DrTyore pantless curling...hmmmm...
  • http://www.bestcareanywhere.net/Freedman.htm

My favourite quote of all time:

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Ok let's go. Two more people for a CPF team!
  • Let you know later tonight.
  • If you need somebody Moose I will play. But I am an experienced curler if that matters.
  • Well someone needs to lead these donkeys.
  • Looks like you have a team then.
  • Ok CPF 1:
    Buzzard
    Wes
    Hobbes
    Mark

Please bring $20 and be at the club at 10:30 am. Bring warm loose fitting clothing and CLEAN gym shoes. I'll bring my cash game set for side games so bring some extra cash.

Any questions just post. Thanks.
  • Another person dropped out.

Room for one more!!!!!
  • Is it still a go with 3?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Is it still a go with 3?

We'll take them on by ourselves if we have to Ron. See you in the morning.
  • Sounds like a plan.
  • Your team has 4. I have another team with 3 people. Two nice ladies, if you are interested in college girls. Maybe Wes and Mark will want to switch. ;)
  • Ahhh I thought WE had lost a player. :D
  • moose wrote: »
    I organize a bonspiel every year and I had an entire team bail on me today and we play Sat. Jan. 26.

I have one person but need 3 more. Anyone want to try curling? This is a beginner spiel - no experience/equipment necessary. Start at 10:30 done by 4ish. Plenty of time to squeeze in a sng before Waterlooser's tourney. :)
    Seriously, I'll bring some chips.

$20 - 2 games of curling, some pizza, snacks. Fun guaranteed.

Bar is open all day. If you lose, the winning team buys a round, so the more you suck the better. :)

It's in Ayr.
    http://www.conestogac.on.ca/~rschaaf/ACCMap.pdf

Keep me in mind next time Moose, I love Curling....but I am off to Germany today.
  • Sore...oh so sore.

lots of fun though moose.
  • Thanks for a great day guys. Moose did his usual outstanding job of organizing and our CPF team did a great job of showing up, some of us even on time. Great sweeping by Mark, Ron and Wes. I can imagine you all will be a little stiff today.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Thanks for a great day guys. Moose did his usual outstanding job of organizing and our CPF team did a great job of showing up, some of us even on time. Great sweeping by Mark, Ron and Wes. I can imagine you all will be a little stiff today.
    moose wrote: »
    Well someone needs to lead these donkeys.

And poker players on time?!?! No way!
  • Haha

Can't help but notice the "Great sweeping" translates into "damn, wish you guys could throw a f$#king rock to save your life".

However, I am happy to say, I'm not sore at all! Told you! :)

Mark

P.S. Curling is HARD
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Haha

Can't help but notice the "Great sweeping" translates into "damn, wish you guys could throw a f$#king rock to save your life".

However, I am happy to say, I'm not sore at all! Told you! :)

Mark

P.S. Curling is HARD

Wow! First time curling and he can already translate curling-speak :D