Guitar Hero-palooza 2 : Monday February 11th

***NOTE: this has been cancelled...we'll try again another time******

Now that Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band have been released, I'll be hosting another Guitar Hero event at my place in Elmira.

I will setup Rock Band on the Xbox 360 in the basement projection screen (with GH2 and GH3 and DDR available as well) and I'm hoping someone can bring a Wii with GH3 for upstairs (and maybe we can get someone to bring an extra Wii guitar as well).

If we get a strong turnout we might also setup a third area with Rob's PS2 and the GH games plus maybe even a second Rock Band setup if we feel ambitious enough to truck the gear over from Rob's place...anybody have a spare tour bus we could borrow? :-)

Activities will start at 6:00pm. Feel free to bring a take-out meal to eat if you'd like, or eat before you come. BYOB.

RSVP in this thread or by PM. I will send out directions to confirmed attendees closer to the date.

Comments

• ***NOTE: this has been cancelled...we'll try again another time******

Attendees:

1. Ranger Mike
    4. Kristy_Sea Kristy
    5. westside8 wes
    6. Mike T (non-forum member)
  • i am in...

mark
  • sign me up please
  • I'll come by.
  • I'm not sure if rockstar/rockband (i have no idea) is one of those hard to find items but Kitchener Costco has about 8 for Xbox for $187
  • I got Rock Band at EB Games in Conestoga Mall for $169. They are getting shipments fairly regularly for PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Mike
  • Oh maybe it was $169. Just had no idea if it was hard to find or not.
  • We are still on for Guitar Heropalooza 2 on Monday night! I will be sending PMs with my home address & directions today or tomorrow.

If there are weather issues on Monday I will post an update in this thread on Monday during the day.

If anyone else wants to join in the fun, let me know!

Mike
  • If I'd thought of this sooner....we should have made it a costume party...come as your fav. rock star. Dammit!

(Dibs on Slash if that ever happens..)
  • If I just get stupid drunk, does that count?

Mark
  • nah, you were going to do that anyway....

..and don't pretend that you don't like to dress up...I'm holding you to the outfits we chose for the next Bristol....especially the hat.
  • btw, I'll probably be a little late...blind me in.

(and by that I mean get Mark to put on a skirt and rock out for you) :)
  • Can you make sure he shaves/wax his legs first though?
  • We're still on for tonight. No significant snow expected until tomorrow morning, so the drive should be fine both ways. The drive in to Waterloo this morning was no problem.

Mike
  • I woke up feeling lousy so I'm not sure if I'll make it (shotgun on the drums if I do!)
  • FECK...

I gotta pull out! Sorry all!

Mark
  • We've had a rash of cancellations so I think we will call it off for tonight. Perhaps we'll try again when the weather is a bit better.

Mike
  • (Maybe a weekend night would be best too! :) )

Mark
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    We've had a rash of cancellations so I think we will call it off for tonight. Perhaps we'll try again when the weather is a bit better.

Mike

Damn everyone who has pulled out.
  • I originally wanted a weekend night but was having trouble finding an open evening, so I'll keep looking...probably won't happen until late March though.

Mike