My ass has fallen asleep

...and it is very uncomfortable. I've got a decent computer chair, but my bum says NAY....

I'm looking for suggestions and tips for what to do when you're stuck at your computer/desk for extended periods. Does anyone else have a problem with your legs etc. constantly falling asleep?

(I've actually got bruises on my legs from sitting sideways in my chair and them pushing against the arm rest. I really need solutions.)

btw first person to say 'spend less time at the computer' gets ...well, all the hatred I can pass to you through dial up, and I think you'll be shocked by just how much that is! :D

Comments

• I was going to say it but apparently you already know that so I won't repeat what you know.

I got a nice comfy leather managers chair and it's great. I find it supports the back and back side but I don't curl my legs under me either.

I guess you gotta find something that works for you.
  • I've got a $3XX.XX chair, and I'm still brutally uncomfortable in those long stretches. I was hoping for excercises or maybe worst case some awesome invention (like the 80's beaded seat covers) that will help?
  • I have a knealing chair that helped me when my back was fooked up. You Sit with all the pressure on your lower legs which helps make you more comfortable but I am not sure that is what would help you.

Currently I have my computer on a table that allows me to stand and play. At the two hour mark I usually put some 170 bpm tunes on and start grooving.

It makes a huge impact to you physically, which ofcourse helps you mentally.

T
  • Massage, massage and more massage. I'm sure you can find plenty of volunteers.
  • Laptop + Wireless...
  • moose wrote: »
    Laptop + Wireless...
    = multi-tabling + pooping
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I was hoping for excercises

Kegels FTW
    ...and it is very uncomfortable. I've got a decent computer chair, but my bum says NAY....

I'm looking for suggestions and tips for what to do when you're stuck at your computer/desk for extended periods. Does anyone else have a problem with your legs etc. constantly falling asleep?

(I've actually got bruises on my legs from sitting sideways in my chair and them pushing against the arm rest. I really need solutions.)

btw first person to say 'spend less time at the computer' gets ...well, all the hatred I can pass to you through dial up, and I think you'll be shocked by just how much that is! :D

Most people who are in IT have problems with computer related strain injuries.

How are you set up ergonomically?
    Are you thighs parallel to the floor?
    Are you feet flat on the footrest (floor?)
    Are your arms parallel to the floor?
  • All good points Reef. Studies show that most women tend to have their centre of gravity forward of the seats balance point (i.e. the pedestal). This is one cause of back strain at the computer, as well as the points you mentioned.
    As for relief, here goes nothing:

Joke answer: Take some of your winnings and hire a masseuse. When soreness occurs, have some guy named Lars or Sven come out of the closet (so to speak) and take care of the problem for you.

Real answer: Assuming you do not make enough for option A, here is some practical advice if your back is starting to tighten up. After you fold a garbage hand, stand up. Feet together, arms at your sides. Slide left hand down left leg as far as you can, hold for five seconds, release. Go back to your game. After the next fold, repeat the process on the other side. Two or three reps each side, move to next stretch. Again, after a fold, stand up and try to touch your toes, but allow your spine to "roll" down the front. Hold for five seconds and release. A couple of reps of these basic stretches should go a long way to alleviating your back problems.
    For further reading look up Dr. Hamilton Hall (the "Back Doctor") on Amazon.
  • Milo wrote: »
    After you fold a garbage hand...

Ok, you lost me...'f-o-l-d'?

I think my problem isn't related to muscle soreness so much as circulation. Even a little sore right now I can put both my palms flat on the ground without bending my knees...and I'm in high heels!

I tend to bring my legs up or sit sideways etc just because it stops them from falling asleep, but I'll try re-adjusting my seat, maybe I'm up too high and cutting off the circ. that way.

Thanks for the tips guys, if anyone has anymore I'm all ears! (I still think there's got to be a pill for this ;))

(oh yeah re: Lars and Sven; and I'm holding out for two years until I'm 30 and reach full cougar status..then I'm hiring an 18 yr old latin man named...either Enriqué or Pablo to give me a rub down qid/prn.)
    ((I'm going to request that he tell me I have 'splainin tooo doo' as often as possible))
  • Since when is 30 old enough to be a Cougar? As for "Pablo", just make sure he does not have a penchant for gold lame bike shorts, lest that whole "closet" thing come into play.
  • My ass has fallen asleep

Get off the couch and do some dishes.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Get off the couch and do some dishes.

PL-00161A-front.jpg
  • I can't believe I got two days of good before this happened...where the hell were you two?
  • share dirty sex stories with others....???
  • lol...yeah that'd do wonders for my circulation I suppose
  • I Would Sure Hope So
  • Dude!

I really don't think we have time for a hand job right now

Mark
  • you prematurely ejaculated Mark....it is a great line, but you could have found a better spot.

you wouldn't believe the gems I have safely tucked away for the right occassion.

BTW: How do you get your pic big instead of the thumbnail?
  • Bump for my bump currently being asleep again.
    BTW: How do you get your pic big instead of the thumbnail?

Good Question Kristy of the past, allow me to enlighten you and the other people having the same problem in the awesome picture thread.
    • First set up an account at photobucket.com
      This is super, super fast and easy..it will only take a second.
    • Next upload your pictures to your new photobucket account
    • Next copy the code that comes up when you hover over the picture you've just uploaded with your mouse
    • Finally return to CPF and directlypaste the code into your response. It will look more or less like this:

OMGGrahamsBoner.jpg
    Good Question Kristy of the past, allow me to enlighten you and the other people having the same problem in the awesome picture thread.

Thank you future Kristy, I don't know what I would do without you! You're the best!

Sincere regards
    Kristy of the past.
    • OMGGrahamsBoner.jpg

I can't be the only one who is dismayed at not seeing this image.
  • Odd never happended to me and my chair is old as shit
    Though I do have the problem when I'm on the toilet for extended periods of time...
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Odd never happended to me and my chair is old as shit
    Though I do have the problem when I'm on the toilet for extended periods of time...

You been gone a while. Guess it took Kristy's ass to get you back here. ;)
  • I can't be the only one who is dismayed at not seeing this image.

Relax Mole. It's all very Shakespearean . . . namely, Much Ado about Nothing.

Which, apropos of nothing, was a damn fine play . . .
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You been gone a while. Guess it took Kristy's ass to get you back here. ;)

Well to be honest I have a google app that scans all my favorite website for the word "ass", "strap-on", "stripper" and "midget prostitute"

That's what led me back here since I haven't played serious poker in a year or so :P
    Well to be honest I have a google app that scans all my favorite website for the word "ass", "strap-on", "stripper" and "midget prostitute"

That's what led me back here since I haven't played serious poker in a year or so :P

Is Drummondville really that boring?

links to app plz, also how could you forget to add "weird hooker 3some" :(
  • Milo wrote: »
    Is Drummondville really that boring?

More than you can even beleive