absolute poker cheaters

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/10594/kgc-fines-absolute-poker-500-000-for-security-breach

wow, so absolute knew about the cheating and tried to cover it up. remind me to never use their poker software again.

Comments

• never played there anyways.. terrible site.

on one hand it is sad that this had to happen.. but.. it is also good that it was cought and hopefully people will stop playing there.. and absolute will go down the shithole. and it can set an example for the rest of the sites.
  • Not really, Absolute has barely lost any traffic. The majority of players probably don't even know about the scandal. Plus the fine was only $500k. The KGC was always a joke, now its an even bigger joke with a few more kegs to add to their collection.
  • The problem I have is now it makes me wonder about other sites. Before this happened, if anyone accused AP of being rigged in some way, almost everyone would say they were silly. If anyone accuses other sites, most people will react the same way they did before AP got "caught", they'll say it's silly. For all we know, there could be security breaches happening at other sites.
  • fyi there is an investigation at UB right now.
  • Does anyone know any of the details regarding the UB investigation?
  • fyi there is an investigation at UB right now.

Anyone got any links? If this is true, online poker has some very serious issues to deal with.
  • Wow thats a long thread on nionio.. if someone has already read it, could you summarize what happened?
  • Last night I withdrew the bulk of my funds from UB. This morning when I logged on to check the status of my pending withdrawl it said "in progress." The definition of 'in progress' according to the help menu is as follows:

"Your request is 'in progress' and our team is awaiting confirmation from the payment processer regarding the fullfillment of your request. Normally, your account will not be in this state for more than a few minutes."

It has been like that since 10:30 am , now almost 8 hours.

One of the repeated messages from the thread on niono was to get your money out of UB before they stopped paying out. Perhaps this has already begun?.
  • 8 hours is nothing for cashing out. It is very typical for a site to have a cashout process to be "in progress" for 48 - 72 hours. If it takes over a few days then you might consider getting worried
  • thank did not no about that...i will tell my friend to stop playing that site...feww thank god was not playing there....
  • Gottaget wrote: »
    Last night I withdrew the bulk of my funds from UB. This morning when I logged on to check the status of my pending withdrawl it said "in progress." The definition of 'in progress' according to the help menu is as follows:

"Your request is 'in progress' and our team is awaiting confirmation from the payment processer regarding the fullfillment of your request. Normally, your account will not be in this state for more than a few minutes."

It has been like that since 10:30 am , now almost 8 hours.

One of the repeated messages from the thread on niono was to get your money out of UB before they stopped paying out. Perhaps this has already begun?.

did you get your money out okay?