Quick Seneca update

I ended up busting just out of the money in the $300 event, but I did win a super satellite to the $1070 event the next day (yesterday). So it was pretty sweet to save 1K, we played day one of the main event yesterday, only like 77 starters I think. 9 get paid, I am chip leader going into the final table of nine, which starts in an hour or so. 1st gets about 25K.

Report will go on the blog as usual but just thought I'd give y'all a heads-up. I like it here at Seneca.

Comments

• Go get'em Devo
  • good luck devo!!!!!
  • All the best Devo!
  • Anyone see the Ching Hill representation at the $200+$25 game?? A few of them were planning on heading down, I had to pull out though. Just wondering how they're making out.
  • good luck; two good finishes in a row is excellent results! Wish my $300 tourney had better results.
  • Well I ended up finishing in 2nd place, good for 15K or so. They took a bunch for taxes though which I'll have to get back.

I have to say that I'm really happy with my play throughout the entire event, particularly during the 2 or so hours when we were threehanded. However, I had a 6:1 chip lead going into heads-up. Suffice to say that didn't go well. He doubled up a couple of times and was hitting the deck pretty hard... ah well, life's not perfect.

It was great to see some forum members there, thanks to all who came to offer their support. It was also nice to see Eleanor who I played with at Westside a couple of years back... she told me after the tournament that I was "putting on a clinic out there". I think I'll remember that, and not the 6:1 chip lead that I blew h/u. ;)
  • all_aces wrote: »
    I think I'll remember that, and not the 6:1 chip lead that I blew h/u. ;)

Congrats on the win Devin, even though you probably would've been happier with a win...at least you didn't blow at 9:1 chip lead :D (Bristol St. ref.)
  • Congrats Devin!
  • Even though you have no skill :D as pointed out in another thread.

Nice job Devin.
    :wav:
  • good work! will you be posting some of the hand details on your blog?
  • The Bus Driver, Justin, Derek, Eleanor, Gerry and I went down and played the $200+$25 10am game. There were 110 players and the final 10 paid.

Most of us made the top 50%; Eleanor made the final 3 tables.

Both Derek and I made the final table.

I went out 5th, Derek was busted 4th.

Blonde Fish and Redington were both there as well representing the Piranhas.

If I knew All_aces was playing the $1000 Final table I would have dropped by and said “hi” but I was a little occupied with my own final table.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    good work! will you be posting some of the hand details on your blog?

As always, win or lose, the details will go on my blog. Probably tonight or tomorrow.

My parents told me last night that they read my blog, and I asked if they actually read all of the hand descriptions. My dad admitted that they kind of skim over those, which makes me wonder if anyone really cares about the hands themselves. I only post them because I know that I care about hands; as a matter of fact, when I read poker blogs (like SirWatts') I find the hand descriptions to be the most interesting part.

Oh well, it's my blog, so I can fill it up with hh's if I want. I do have a bunch of blackberry notes from the $300 event, and all of day one of the 1K event. My plan was to keep this up at the final table, but it quickly became apparent to me that I really needed to stay in the moment, and pay attention to absolutely everything that was happening at the table. So there are virtually no FT notes, which is too bad, because I know for a fact that I made a 50K river bet when we were threehanded against a tough player, holding the nut low, and won.

Congrats to the other forum money finishers at Seneca. It's a great tournament series; I will be back.
  • all_aces wrote: »
    ... My dad admitted that they kind of skim over those, which makes me wonder if anyone really cares about the hands themselves. I only post them because I know that I care about hands; as a matter of fact, when I read poker blogs (like SirWatts') I find the hand descriptions to be the most interesting part.

I really enjoy the HH.
    You may want to keep "kid who got slapped in the face" as a recurring character :)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I really enjoy the HH.
    You may want to keep "kid who got slapped in the face" as a recurring character :)

I find this as well to be the most informative part of a trip report
  • Nice job Ching Hill.

Esp since I figured you guys wouldn't make it out of the bar :D
  • Nice Job!!!

Congrats!!!