Superstar or uberfish?

I found this hand interesting on a few different levels.

Some background: this is a small stakes SNG. Blinds are getting up there and surprisingly no one has yet busted. MP recently took a big pot off CO when he called a bet and raise out of position to catch his gutshot against TPTK. So there might be a bit of bad blood there. MP also tends to do that annoying min-raise thing too often but I'm not sure we've seen what cards he will do this with yet. CO has not been very active and has only shown down a couple good hands, one of them being 2nd best as mentioned.

Seat 1: CO (990 in chips)
Seat 2: HJ (885 in chips)
Seat 3: BTN (1900 in chips)
Seat 4: SB (2170 in chips)
Seat 5: BB (525 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG (955 in chips)
Seat 7: UTG+1 (990 in chips)
Seat 8: MP (2370 in chips)
Seat 9: MP+1 (2715 in chips)
SB: posts small blind 50
BB: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
UTG: folds
UTG+1: folds
MP: raises 100 to 200
MP+1: folds
CO: raises 200 to 400
HJ: folds
BTN: folds
SB: folds
BB: folds
MP: calls 200

It looks like CO has committed himself. Does he want a caller behind? Does he want MP to call him? What kind of hand would he need to do this? Should MP call with any 2 or how good does his hand need to be to call? Is there any point in MP re-raising here with a very good hand?

*** FLOP *** (950) [Qh Ah 4c]
MP: checks
CO: checks

I would expect MP to check here with a good hand to invite a bet from the raiser. Do we interpret CO's check as weakness or does it matter if he is already committed? What kind of hand is he putting MP on?

*** TURN *** (950) [Qh Ah 4c] [Qc]
CO: bets 100
MP: calls 100

MP has checked twice. Is he trapping? Why the weak bet from CO? Is he testing MP for an Ace? What does MP's call mean?

*** RIVER *** (1150) [Qh Ah 4c Qc] [Ac]
MP: bets 100
CO: raises 390 to 490 and is all-in
MP: calls 390

Why the weak bet from MP? Is he hoping for a shove he'll call? Or does he pretty much have to call any shove anyway? How big is CO's hand here? How about MP's? JJ got severely counterfeited on the river. How would you feel about KK in this spot?

Maybe this hand is more obvious than I think. Then let me in on it. I will post results later for further discussion. Enjoy.

Comments

• Was this online?
  • OP isn't rainman.
  • I hope this ends up as 9 high club flush vs. k/j..better yet, 22 vs 33 for the chop!:h:

-ev wrote: »
    It looks like CO has committed himself. Does he want a caller behind?

Let's hope so?

Disclaimer: I'm undercaffeinated..but right at this moment I can't think of many situations where min-raising shouldn't earn both these players a nice punch in the junk, I am pretty much assuming they are smoking crack from this point forward.
    Does he want MP to call him? What kind of hand would he need to do this? Should MP call with any 2 or how good does his hand need to be to call? Is there any point in MP re-raising here with a very good hand?

Yes. Jacks or better (since MP is min. raising a lot and the stacks behind aren't big enough to mess around for 400) I'd probably just get out of the way if I were MP, but I wouldn't min raise in the first place. aa/kk just call?

(I have a feeling I'm being too tight there.)
    *** FLOP *** (950) [Qh Ah 4c]
    CO: checks

I would expect MP to check here with a good hand to invite a bet from the raiser. Do we interpret CO's check as weakness or does it matter if he is already committed? What kind of hand is he putting MP on?.

running out of time 1 min or less to finish..set vs. set? junk/pr of queens, tpwk vs. set?

*** TURN *** (950) [Qh Ah 4c] [Qc]
    CO: bets 100
    MP: calls 100

MP has checked twice. Is he trapping? Why the weak bet from CO? Is he testing MP for an Ace? What does MP's call mean?

I think you're overthinking if this is really low limit...it's gonna be a fucktarded showdown.
    *** RIVER *** (1150) [Qh Ah 4c Qc] [Ac]
    MP: bets 100
    CO: raises 390 to 490 and is all-in
    MP: calls 390

Why the weak bet from MP? Is he hoping for a shove he'll call? Or does he pretty much have to call any shove anyway? How big is CO's hand here? How about MP's? JJ got severely counterfeited on the river. How would you feel about KK in this spot?

Maybe this hand is more obvious than I think. Then let me in on it. I will post results later for further discussion. Enjoy.

I think ace/crap and kk, ace bets a little just to try and get more money in the pot, co saw the 2nd ace and fig. kk was good?

I reserve the right to rethink this when I'm back later and properly caffeinated.
  • I am not wasting any energy trying to put a read on this abortion of a hand other than it is prolly quad Aces or some shtt
  • Looks like the CO is one of those bet or raise min while calling any size bet type of players. I see this type of play a lot in Omaha (person bets $1 into the $45 pot gets raised $48 and calls then bets $1 on river etc). About 1 in a 100 it is a very good player messing around to tilt someone. 99% of the time it is just a bad, strange player who may not realize bet size in NL or PL can vary.

Given the sit in go is a small stakes one, I suspect the hands could be just about anything based on a complete lack of skill thus making any analysis of the hand kind of pointless.
  • Edit: My computer is a dude that sleeps with other dudes
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I am not wasting any energy trying to put a read on this abortion of a hand other than it is prolly quad Aces or some shtt

LOL!

I don't even know what 'this abortion of a hand' means, but this has got to take POTY.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I am not wasting any energy trying to put a read on this abortion of a hand other than it is prolly quad Aces or some shtt
    Great analysis. Thanks for coming out, Snuggles.
  • oh man...pm me the answer -ev? I suck at waiting. Is it really quads over quads?
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Is it really quads over quads?
    You don't think K high makes this move here? This could have been more interesting if the stacks were much deeper.
  • I suggested pretty much everything.
  • CO had AA. MP had K6dd.

I'm trying to decide if CO played it poorly. I can't decide if MP is a complete donkey or if his call on the end actually makes sense.

CO told me later that he decided he was either going to double up this hand or bust out. So he put in a small re-raise, knowing MP would call pretty much with any two and also expecting everyone else to fold but not overly concerned if another player called. On the flop, he wanted to show a bit of weakness, hoping to encourage MP to lead out on the turn. When that didn't happen, he put out a small bet, hoping to get raised but also building the pot a bit to make it that much more likely of getting a call on the river.

I'm not sure of the MP's thoughts, if any, on this hand. I suppose he could justify calling the small re-raise, hoping to flop something decent or maybe even thinking in some convoluted way he is ahead. When the flop is checked, it could well be that he puts CO on a small pair or suited connectors, I suppose. Pretty hard to say how he justifies calling the turn bet, except maybe because it is so small it looks very weak and maybe he has odds to try to draw out. It could well be that he concludes CO does not have an Ace or Queen. As long as CO doesn't have KK, MP could actually be good on the river with Aces and Queens, top kicker. After all, he just counterfeited all mid pairs up to JJ!

Can anyone else make any sense of this?