Saturday tournaments at Point Edward...

Do any of you forum members play in the weekly Saturday tournaments?

I have found them to be well run. They max out at 50 players...the buy-in is $65.

One great thing that I like is that $5/10 limit cash games before and after are quite juicy.

Comments

• Is there a link for more information? Point Edward does a horrible job of publicizing its tournaments, and no longer registers its events with the Canadian Poker Tour. :rolleyes:
  • What time do these run Nooner? What kind of structure?

I would be interested fo sho
  • Blondefish...Pt Edward is having a Winter Classic type of event. I will post the details Sat evening or Sunday morning.

Cadillac...here are the details about their Sat. tournaments.

Omaha is played the 1st Sat of each month and NLHE is played each of the remaining Saturdays. Each tournament has a max. of 50 players and starts at 1pm.

The buy-in is $65...you get $4000 in chips, blinds start at 25-50 and each level is 20 min.

I would recommend getting there around 9am to play the 5-10 table. They usually open 1-2 tables at 9:30ish. The pit boss will ask those at the ring tables if they will be playing in the tournament. The 1st 20 who state that they will be playing in the tourney are given a card which allows them to get in line at 11am to register for the tournament. The remaining 30 entrants have to wait in line until they process the 1st 20 players.

I have found that the competition is very weak until you get down to about 16 players.
  • sounds good; looking forward to some Ontario tournaments this winter