Turning FPP on Stars into $$

Happy New Years everyone.

Over Christmas I had some time to kill playing SNG's. I had often wondered how to burn up the FPP I had on Stars. (not a SirWatts amount, but, I had 4500 FPP or so).

I also have a limited online roll now as I withdrew most from other sites when Neteller vanished. I don't need anymore Pokerstars T-shirts or hats, so, I went about figuring out how the easiest method to work the FPP into $.

I decided on playing the 70FPP Sat's to the Sunday 100Grand. It appears that the opportunity to turn 70FPP into 11T$ was the best value and a game I can compete at. I figured that if I won, I would simply "unregistar" and build up T$, at the conclusion of the FPP, I would take any T$ won and play $5.50 SNG's in an attempt to turn the T$ into real money.

I'm almost done the burn through of the FPP. I'll post at the conclusion of that and then again at the end of playing the SNG's with the T$.

I roughly figured FPP are "worth" $.015 if one was able to do a straight conversion. That or 3 shirts at 1200FPP that may be worth 50.00 total.

Any thoughts on how many Sat's should be won out of ~ 60. (10 player turbo)

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• I played some of those as well but found that I could only win maybe 2-3 out of 10, not sure that is good enough. I settled on the multiplayer ones for the same buyin (70FPP) that run at 8pm each evening as well. More suited to my style, whatever that is... Once you have some cash I then like the $2.20 multiplayer sats to the $100K, 1 $11. buyin (or $T) per 11 players I think. I found those fairly easy to cash in...
  • Thanks for the reply Jeff. I have played some of the 2.20 Sats. It is another good way to create T$.

In the end I won 20% of my Sats. Ended up with T$-132.00
    This will allow me to go and play 24 5.50SNG's.

With such a low #, there's no guarantee of running good during these 24 games. I do have hopes/expectations of at least breaking even T$= $
  • On the 5.50's, you should be able to turn that $132 into about $175 easily.
    More if you get on a good run.
  • or you could sell me the t$ :)
  • actyper wrote: »
    or you could sell me the t$ :)

Thanks for the offer, but, I have no interest in it.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    On the 5.50's, you should be able to turn that $132 into about $175 easily.

You'll come out ahead, unless I'm at your table then you're just throwing your money away...but good luck.

I know you'll do fine.....just stay away from the BJ button ok?
  • Big E wrote: »
    I know you'll do fine.....just stay away from the BJ button ok?

Thank god that PS doesn't have that button yet, or I would have pissed away whatever is left of my role.
  • Ok, 14 SNG"s into turning the T$ into $.

1st- 1
    2nd-4
    3rd- 3

others- 6

T$= 55.00
    $Won= 104.00
  • Very nice Wolff
  • With such a low #, there's no guarantee of running good during these 24 games. I do have hopes/expectations of at least breaking even T$= $

When I had W and T dollars built up on stars, I just landed up selling them off on 2n2 for 95%.. Just an option if you get bored.
  • All done.

24 SNG's, ITM 13/24 (not philliivey1 #'s, but, wtf...)

1-2
    2-6
    3-5

So, 4500 FPP turned into T$=132.00.

Then the T$132 turned into $171.00 in Cash.

Fun exercise and better for me than a few more PokerStars sweatshirts.
  • close enough:) but wtf

quote=Wolffhound;134989]All done.

24 SNG's, ITM 13/24 (not philliivey1 #'s, but, wtf...)

1-2
    2-6
    3-5

So, 4500 FPP turned into T$=132.00.

Then the T$132 turned into $171.00 in Cash.

Fun exercise and better for me than a few more PokerStars sweatshirts.[/quote]
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    On the 5.50's, you should be able to turn that $132 into about $175 easily.

Wow was I close.
  • good call hobbes!!!!

and your right wolfie, any name associated with yours on pokerstars is lower numbers on the not updated (mind you) rankings.

Hobbes wrote: »
    Wow was I close.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    good call hobbes!!!!

and your right wolfie, any name associated with yours on pokerstars is lower numbers on the not updated (mind you) rankings.

Can you retype this in English?

And its 2 FF's in Wolff, Wolffie, Wolff is an asshole etc.

And, nice call Hobbes. The ROI is probably too low for 5.50's. But, as bad a player as I am, I was happy to end up ahead. (considering the 95% sale value mentioned in BBC's post etc.).

No idea what I'll do next...maybe just quit.