3 bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

CO (t2710)
Button (t2300)
SB (t1775)
BB (t5020)
UTG (t4330)
UTG+1 (t2120)
Hero (t2785)
MP2 (t2910)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5s, 5c.
2 folds, Hero raises to t60, 1 fold, CO calls t60, 3 folds.

Flop: (t150) Ah, 5d, 4c (2 players)
Hero bets t100, CO calls t100.

Turn: (t350) 3h (2 players)
Hero bets t200, CO raises to t400

This is the $500 satellite on Stars. 2nd orbit of the tournament. First hand villain has VPIP. pokerdb shows villain hasn't had much success in MTT. 3 bet here?

Comments

• I think this is a shove.
  • Ha ha ha. Good one. The CO would NEVER call small bets in position PF or on the flop with A2s or 76s, I guess?

You are good 75+% of the time but I call here and evaluate the river anyway.
  • Why such a small bet on the flop?

Aren't you giving your oppt the right odds to try to draw out on you? (asking because I'm still learning all this)

I'm guessing he's either trying a play on the turn, or he's got you beat.

I'd call as well, but I wonder why we ever got here...
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Why such a small bet on the flop?

It was 2/3 pot bet, so not a small bet at all IMO.
  • -ev wrote: »

You are good 75+% of the time but I call here and evaluate the river anyway.

Why? What are you looking for?
  • bet size on flop is fine

i would call the turn
  • Again, why are we calling the turn?. Are we going to call with a set and then fold on the river? I doubt it.
  • Again, why are we calling the turn?. Are we going to call with a set and then fold on the river? I doubt it.
    Not every pot has to be for stacks. Shoving is stupid. Look at the stack sizes.

I call and donk the river. (a.k.a. lead out)

/g2
  • I don't fold sets unless there is 4 to a flush out there, and I respect the oppenent... Just stick it in.
  • I don't fold sets unless there is 4 to a flush out there, and I respect the oppenent... Just stick it in.
    You need to learn how to play small pots. (this is my observation from your comments here and my experience stealing your blinds in CPF tourneys)

/g2
  • Maybe, How does SirWatts see this hand?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)

CO (t2710)
    Button (t2300)
    SB (t1775)
    BB (t5020)
    UTG (t4330)
    UTG+1 (t2120)
    Hero (t2785)
    MP2 (t2910)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 5s, 5c.
    2 folds, Hero raises to t60, 1 fold, CO calls t60, 3 folds.

Flop: (t150) Ah, 5d, 4c (2 players)
    Hero bets t100, CO calls t100.

Turn: (t350) 3h (2 players)
    Hero bets t200, CO raises to t400

This is the $500 satellite on Stars. 2nd orbit of the tournament. First hand villain has VPIP. pokerdb shows villain hasn't had much success in MTT. 3 bet here?

The turn min raise is screaming, "60+% chance I have a straight"

I call, looking for the board to pair.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    It was 2/3 pot bet, so not a small bet at all IMO.

In relation to the current pot size, not so much, but it just doesn't seem like you are providing any protection for your hand. If the flop had been less likely to hit, then the bet size is fine but with the board you face, I'm thinking full pot size +50 bet might have had him folding his draw (if that's what you were facing)

One of my big leaks is I tend to over-estimate my oppt's hands, so that's likely what I'm also doing here.
  • Just call down unless you make a boat, then you get to put in a big checkraise. Even if you think you usually have the best hand he's obviously not folding a straight to a reraise but he's very often folding hands you beat, and this way you give him a chance to bluff again when you're ahead.
  • oh yeah and most importantly lose the minimum when you're beat, which I don't think as is unlikely as others seem to think.
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    Just call down unless you make a boat, then you get to put in a big checkraise. Even if you think you usually have the best hand he's obviously not folding a straight to a reraise but he's very often folding hands you beat, and this way you give him a chance to bluff again when you're ahead.

I see. Some of your hyper aggressive peers on 2+2 are so firm about not folding a set, I figured just get it in if you're not going to fold, but your line makes more sense obviously. I'm on mtt tilt.

Sorry if I am highjacking Westside, but can 40 non cashes in a row at mtt's just be variance?,Or is there a serious flaw in my game?

I joined pokerxfactor to pick up on how to increase my aggression, but from what I've watched so far...sheets and Bax are as nitty as I am and seem to be playing abc poker. I'm lost.