Cash

Hi,

I'm a chess player, I play a little poker, but I would like to make a little extra money and, well, it's quite hard to make money playing chess :)

So I'm curious, is it possible to make money playing poker online ?

Comments

• No.

Have to make post longer in order to post.....

If you have to ask, then no you will not make money online.
  • I'm not asking if I have the necessary skills, I know I don't (at least at the moment), I'm asking if it's theoretically possible, or if playing for money is downright illegal online.
  • Something like 5% of players online make money at it. So yes, it is theoretically possible, but it's no cake walk.

/g2
  • 5% would be nice, very nice in fact, more than I expected.

Where ?

Not that I'm going to try right now, I'm not stupid, but I'm curious to see how it works. I guess it's mostly Texas Hold'em.

Also, I heard gambling online was illegal in Canada.
  • Freidenker wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a chess player, I play a little poker, but I would like to make a little extra money and, well, it's quite hard to make money playing chess :)

So I'm curious, is it possible to make money playing poker online ?

If you are patient person that can make logical decisions when you are angry, frustrated or tired, then online poker might be the thing for you. You could start by playing the freerolls on PokerStars or Fulltilt. If you can manage to build a large bankroll from playing freerolls and micro tourneys then you probably have what it takes to make money.

And it is a shame that chess isn’t as popular as poker. I would love to see chess tournaments that are similar to the WSOP. Imagine what it would be like to see 1000 of the world’s best chess players enter a tournament with a $100 entry fee, and the top 20%, 15%, or 10% finishing in the money. I don’t think I would have a chance of winning in a tournament like that, but I would definitely like to compete against players that are close to my skill level.