Do you slowplay trips in the land of donkeys.

Brantford 5/10 limit live.

I'm definitely one of the tighter players at the table. I'm usually a 18vp/9pfr
The table is a loose passive land of the donkeys ... ie Brantford. Many players play half or more of their hands.

JTo in the bb.

6 players limp and you get a free ride to the flop.

TT2 rainbow.

SB checks.

I bet ... everyone folds.

Would you have bet your trips here or check-raised or just checked and bet the turn?

Comments

• It really depends on the play of the table and your table image. IMO you need to give more info for a meaningful answer.
  • Without further info...its Brantford limit, bet it and pump it at every opportunity you can. Just unfortunate that no one had anything to call you with. NL would be a different story however.
  • It really depends on the play of the table and your table image. IMO you need to give more info for a meaningful answer.

Thanks, I've updated my post.

I'm definitely one of the tighter players at the table. I'm usually a 18vp/9pfr
    The table is a loose passive land of the donkeys ... ie Brantford. Many players play half or more of their hands.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Without further info...its Brantford limit, bet it and pump it at every opportunity you can. Just unfortunate that no one had anything to call you with. NL would be a different story however.

Definitely. You would have been called by anyone holding an Ace.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Without further info...its Brantford limit, bet it and pump it at every opportunity you can. Just unfortunate that no one had anything to call you with.

Based on my growing experience I find this to be true. Playing 2/5 I bet 2 into a flop with AA and it was folded around. It's weird why some people get spooked and yet other times, you'll hold the nuts and they will bet into you...
  • On a board of TT2 and if there was not flush draw I'd lean on the side of checking if EP. If you were in late position a bet is a must, there is no value in deception against a table full of donks.

If it gets checked around and the turn brought a big card like a K or A, depending if your opponents are aggresive I may think of checking again going for a CR against someone who has hit their top pair. Against passive table, just bet out for value on both the Turn and River.