Caddy Stacks a Donkey

POKERSTARS GAME #13953371419: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.10/$0.25) - 2007/12/18 - 22:12:20 (ET)
Table 'Capricorn III' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: PoorUser ($103.05 in chips)
Seat 2: CliffMosterd ($44.50 in chips)
Seat 3: Cadillac123 ($37.90 in chips)
Seat 4: TheRealAjax ($58.60 in chips)
Seat 5: Cracky x ($30.15 in chips)
Seat 6: MEC2210 ($21.85 in chips)
PoorUser: posts small blind $0.10
CliffMosterd: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Cadillac123 [Th Ah]
Cadillac123: raises $0.75 to $1
CliffMosterd said, "lol"
TheRealAjax: folds
Cracky x: folds
MEC2210: folds
PoorUser: raises $100 to $101
CliffMosterd: folds
Cadillac123 said, "why not"
Cadillac123: calls $36.90 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [7d Ts 9h]
*** TURN *** [7d Ts 9h] [Tc]
*** RIVER *** [7d Ts 9h Tc] [Jc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PoorUser: shows [2s 3c] (a pair of Tens)
Cadillac123: shows [Th Ah] (three of a kind, Tens)
Cadillac123 collected $73.05 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $76.05 | Rake $3
Board [7d Ts 9h Tc Jc]
Seat 1: PoorUser (small blind) showed [2s 3c] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 2: CliffMosterd (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: Cadillac123 showed [Th Ah] and won ($73.05) with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 4: TheRealAjax folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Cracky x folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: MEC2210 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• Umm..

Didn't you just post in another thread about not re-raising / calling all ins with an AQ?

Wow

Mark
  • That and you didn't stack him.

/g2
  • Wow...raised$100 to get $1.35.....what an idiot.

Nice hand!
  • I am comfortable with the play. Thanks for the comments though. Morans

You are missing the point
  • umm who is pooruser?

And why is he at a .10/.25 table?
  • He is at the table because of the way he plays 200/400NL. LDO.

I only call here if I hate money or these stakes are meaningless to me. When someone is crazy enough to put up 140+ BBs to steal 7BBs, I generally let him. If he is making this play repeatedly, I know I will get a chance to get in as a probibitive favourite.

Your equity could be anywhere from 70% to 13% but most likely something around 50. Without any reads, when a player raises from UTG, I put him on a decent hand. When someone comes over the top (again with no reads) I put him on a very strong hand. To call, UTG has to have a monster or pot odds. With ATs and getting pretty much the worst odds possible, you have neither. With 6-max, you can loosen this up a bit but you are really stretching things here without reads. Now, if you have some insight into the player (i.e. that link) that you did not share in the original post, that could perhaps change people's minds on the play. What is your table image at this point?

P.S. What is 'morans'?
  • -ev wrote: »
    He is at the table because of the way he plays 200/400NL. LDO.

I only call here if I hate money or these stakes are meaningless to me. When someone is crazy enough to put up 140+ BBs to steal 7BBs, I generally let him. If he is making this play repeatedly, I know I will get a chance to get in as a probibitive favourite.

OK...I played about 95ish hands with him and he left an orbit after this with $20 in his stack.

He was like 65/35 and was at 300 BB when I arrived at the table and he peaked at about 700BB. An orbit or 2 earlier he started re-raising all in and doing a bunch of stupid shit.

I had folded to him twice after opening the pot and getting repopped. I am definately ahead of his range here.

As far as hating money...WTF are you talking about?

I will take a thin edge for 100BB or 400BB or whatever anytime because I am properly rolled for it. Meaningless is the whole point of being properly rolled. You can handle variance and small edges and you take your +Ev spots when they arrive.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    OK...I played about 95ish hands with him and he left an orbit after this with $20 in his stack.

He was like 65/35 and was at 300 BB when I arrived at the table and he peaked at about 700BB. An orbit or 2 earlier he started re-raising all in and doing a bunch of stupid shit.

I had folded to him twice after opening the pot and getting repopped. I am definately ahead of his range here.

As far as hating money...WTF are you talking about?

I will take a thin edge for 100BB or 400BB or whatever anytime because I am properly rolled for it. Meaningless is the whole point of being properly rolled. You can handle variance and small edges and you take your +Ev spots when they arrive.
    Well now that we know this it's not a money hating call. duh

/g2
  • He is obv just donking around blowing off some steam donking around with money that means nothing to him. Accept the donation and do anything you can to keep him at the table for as long as possible.