Players Observations

I am just wondering if I'm looking too much into it (I probably am), or if it really is true. I have found that players who just sucked out huge against another player tends to snug up and play nit tight for a little while. Not sure if its coincidence over the few occurance, or if there is a change in the player's (the one who sucked out)mentality causing them to tighten up.

And if thats the case, and that is a very hypothetical case, is it possible to exploit that in end game situations?

Comments

• it is just as arguable that some players who've sucked out, lose their feeling that they 'deserve to be there' and start playing worse/loose.

But I agree that in bad players there is a tendency for their play to change for awhile and that you can take advantage of it.
  • I agree that players who just sucked out tend to play more hands instead of tightening up. They feel more confident and want to play their so-called "unbeatable rush."
    Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    it is just as arguable that some players who've sucked out, lose their feeling that they 'deserve to be there' and start playing worse/loose
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I agree that players who just sucked out tend to play more hands instead of tightening up. They feel more confident and want to play their so-called "unbeatable rush."

What I was referring to are generally AIPF hands where it is an underpair that hits a 2 outer, or a dominated hand that hits its kicker and then hitting runner runner flush, or a gutshot vs. a set. I guess it might just be a few rare occurance because it was a trend I noticed yesterday in some cash games and a couple of tournaments but have no real data with large enough sample size to back it up.
  • I find I do see that quite often and, to me, it makes sense. If a player sucks out with a 'lucky hand', I'm talking 56s against AA all in preflop then they'll be smart to tighten up a bit as they're likely going to get played at a bit more then the nit that's holding AA.

On the other hand, you suck out when you're AIPF when your JJ beats QQ, I think in this case there is also reason to tighten up. You may be questioning how good your reads are and be thanking the poker gods for giving you another shot at the title.

In players that I consider to be 'less than good', I will often see them ride the rush. Eventually, all of their chips come over to the good players.

stp