hand question

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game

BB is a 15/13, who flop c-betts 97% and attempts to steal 100%

8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) ReefAquarium is SB with :8s :qs
6 folds, ReefAquarium raises, BB 3-bets, ReefAquarium calls.

Flop: :7c :8d :9s (4SB, 2 players)
ReefAquarium checks, BB bets, ReefAquarium raises, BB calls.

Turn: :ah (4BB, 2 players)
ReefAquarium bets, BB calls.

River: :7s (6BB, 2 players)
ReefAquarium bets, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 8BB

Comments

• BB is a 15/13, who flop c-betts 97% and attempts to steal 100%

That's very TAGish. The C-bet stats aren't suprising, but the attempt to steal % seems a bit excessive (I'm guessing a small sample size maybe). If I had to guess, this looks like a "I can never call" type that raise/folds too much.

Preflop: Standard BvB raise I think, although I hate being OOP. How often does he defend (I'm guessing frequently).

Flop: Not a big fan of the CR, but I don't think the play is that bad. I probably donk-call (the problem with CR is I think a TAG will 3 bet draws too often to safely fold to a 3 bet, and then I get into these monster pots with a mediocre hand never knowing where I am). Donking isn't much better since I expect to get raised a lot from this type (and not necessarily by a better hand). CR'ing doesn't do much IMO to get overs out they'll quickly call a raise, but donking may inspire them to call and C/F turn. Interested how others play this. C/C rope a dope isn't terrible either, although you're in a guessing game on the turn.

Turn: A scary card, but you have to lead here IMO. The flat call is IMO either a draw, or a hand that probably has you beat already (a 9 or more likely a weak A, maybe something like AT-AQ as well).

River: A (relatively) good card, but I don't see much value in betting. Any made hand that's ahead that called the turn, isn't folding on this river. Only hands you really get value that might call is 22-66 (if he's stubborn and won't fold). I prefer Check-call here and let missed draws bluff.
  • Agree with Scooby in his post - I would have c/c the river. There's no value in betting the river, since if called you almost certainly beat and you can induce a bluff if he missed.

I put the BB on q10 or K10.