Raw 15th

Anyones Comments ? Wat Did They Think About It

Comments

• I watched it..

I really enjoyed most of it, some was predictable (Raw's greatest Superstar and the subsequent beat-down), some of it was nostalgia-inducing (Holy crap do I miss Trish / Hey! Million Dollar Man just bought a win!), and some of it I really didn't need (Umm.. Bastion Booger?).

Overall, it was pretty good... not sure how wise it was to have it just before the PPV though... couldn't do much to build up the matches - then again, since they now have all three brands on the PPV's, I find they're having a hard time building them up because each brand only has 2-3 matches on the card.

Mark
  • greatest superstar thing was kind of stupid ovisly vince says he is then austin would come out wat a twist it would be if breat the hittman came out or the rock wat would the fans think of that.
  • I thought they should have kept Randy Orton in the back when Austin called all the superstars in for a drink.

Also, HHH-Steph at the beginning of the show. That was fucking stupid. I understand they're married, but thier characters aren't.. So they broke kayfabe just so HHH can shout out the the marks? Why?

I also felt like I was back in the time-machine with HHH making his customary 6 seperate appearances during the show.

Also, the Vince-Mae Young was funny.. At Moolahs funeral (ouch).. I just blew off the dust...
    I find they're having a hard time building them up because each brand only has 2-3 matches on the card.

They couldn't stay with the brand extension PPV model anymore. Buy rates were in the shitter for the SD ones.

The other weird thing was Y2J and Pete Gas chatting as they walked down the runway during the beers.. Then Y2J realised the camera was on and ditched Gas.
  • Hitman will be at Costco Ajax sometime soon. The manager was telling me last week about it. They are keeping it "on the down low" so they don't get a mad rush of people.

You didn't hear it from me.
  • Umm... that was on Off The Record just the other day so your little secret was probably only heard by a couple of million people....
  • Who knew I'd find solace with some other wrestling fans on this forum!!!

I like the little nods they do to people who know, like Kennedy telling Fake-Razor last week "thanks for showing up", after Scott Hall no-showed the TNA PPV.

I also appreciated the fact that other than Benoit (for obvious reasons), Booker T, Kurt Angle, Big Show were all mentioned and high-lights of them shown.

I thought the production value on the segments (clip) was amazing, they actually had a strong flow going with every one.

I don't watch WWE normally, I will catch a PPV for a specific incident. But I'll watch TNA all day everyday (though some of their storylines recently make me feel like I'm watching the TNA brand of WWE and that's sad)

Also the most recent ROH PPV- Man Up is a must buy when it's released on DVD.. So many good things about ROH.
  • You will get along very well with DrTyore and Zithal here zunni.

The entire production went off really well. For the most part, the show itself was predictable to a certain degree. However, many of the highlights clips were pure classic. Only wished they had done more of Rock's promos as you don't see any superstar in the WWE will that kind of charisma anymore. Thank god for YouTube.
  • Am I the only one the marked out a bit for Steve Blackman?

I loved him as the hardcore champ.

Mark
  • Am I the only one the marked out a bit for Steve Blackman?

The only answer to that question is 'yes'.
  • Damn missed it, what day does it replay?

I happened to watch the Kennedy spoof last week, that was hilarious.
  • I'm sure its available through various torrent sites.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Am I the only one the marked out a bit for Steve Blackman?

I loved him as the hardcore champ.

Mark

He looked fantastic.. I marked out for Gillberg, that gimmick was always hilarious...
  • I still think the best slam the WWE laid on WCW was in the N64 game "No Mercy"

They gave Goldberg's "jackhammer" finisher to a character...

Yea

Anyone remember who?

No?

Anyone?

Linda McMahon

Classic

Mark
  • There are rumors that No Mercy is gonna be a game in the Wii Shop. I hope so.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    There are rumors that No Mercy is gonna be a game in the Wii Shop. I hope so.

No Mercy is still a classic game that stands up to the wrestling games they release now. There are websites dedicated to No Mercy Fantasy Tournaments even now.

The other one (as a series): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4kVZpF35w