software - online helpers

I need some help;

I play ring 2/4NL online and STT primarily;

What software is available? What should I be using;

I have heard of PokerTracker and sharkscope;

Anyone want to do some training here?

Comments

• Depending on what room you play on, PokerAce HUD. Pretty much puts your PT stats live right on the interface.
  • You can get Poker Tracker and PokerAce HUD for less that 1/4 buy in at your current level. These two programs will pay for themselves immediately with PokerTracker giving you insight into your own game and helping you plug your leaks.

PokerAce HUD also will help you out in overlaying your opponents stats right on the table as you play.

I would get these immediately if I were you. If you need any help with setup just post or send me a PM.

Caddy
  • Within an hour of getting Poker Ace HUD I paid for it when I folded KK preflop to a re-raiser who had raised 9 times in about 1000 hands preflop. Watched that person's AA beat the UTG initial raiser's AK for a $120ish pot all in preflop.

That 0.1% preflop raise figure was a nice warning sign ( I have called similar raises with QQ/KK as well though just playing to flop a set vs the AA).

Poker Ace and Poker Tracker are very, very helpful is the theme basically :)
  • Monteroy wrote: »
    Within an hour of getting Poker Ace HUD I paid for it when I folded KK preflop to a re-raiser who had raised 9 times in about 1000 hands preflop. Watched that person's AA beat the UTG initial raiser's AK for a $120ish pot all in preflop.

That 0.1% preflop raise figure was a nice warning sign ( I have called similar raises with QQ/KK as well though just playing to flop a set vs the AA).

Poker Ace and Poker Tracker are very, very helpful is the theme basically :)

Wow and I thought I was tight.
    Anyways PT and PAHUD are musts.
    You can add GameTime+ to that list. Similar to PAHUD but free.

Also, I do like Sharkscope for my SnG,it's really helped my ROI overall by showing me where the fishy tables are.

Word of advice:
    If using Sharkscope NEVER sit down at a SnG where you are the ONLY winning player. What a blood bath that was. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »

Word of advice:
    If using Sharkscope NEVER sit down at a SnG where you are the ONLY winning player. What a blood bath that was. :D

Huh? I thought that would be an ideal game ... a game full of donekeys.
  • Huh? I thought that would be an ideal game ... a game full of donekeys.

Would be great in a cash game, but in a tournament it becomes, I have to catch cards and they need to hold up.

If you ain't catching you are screwed since you cannot bluff a donkey (watch em call with TP with a str8 on the board and you are trying to bluff). Atleast with a few decent players (maybe 2 others) you can atleast make a few moves against those players.
  • LOL.

Just valuebet, valuebet, valuebet.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    LOL.

Just valuebet, valuebet, valuebet.

Valuebetting implies that I actually catch cards.
    In a cash game or rebuy tourney I generally like the donkeys making those calls (I do sometimes lose it), but with a SnG it becomes a bingo game.
    (Although most SnG are already pretty close to that)

Anyways, lets try and keep this thread on topic.
  • definitely get pokertracker and pahud for cash games... you are at a disadvantage playing without them as long as you understand how to use pahud effectively.
  • And when PT3 is released PAHUD will be integrated into the product. They will still be licenced separately though so you can still get PT and not the HUD
  • Lots of video reviews of software tools for your game on my poker calculator review site too. Hope it helps.
  • Marty, Great vid.

Thanks, I have a couple of questions about TI;

1 does it store hand histories? Bring up previous players histories? Or would I need to use poker tracker as well?

Can you mutli table STT with it on stars?
  • Does anybody use poker office? From what I gather it has something similar to the overlay built in plus all/most of the stuff PT has.I'm considering investing in it.
  • Tournament Indicator does not store hand histories, but does store a player's profile for up to 2 years categorized by MZone.

You can play as many STTs and/or Mtts as you can fit on your computer screen and TI will attach to each one.

I have a review of Poker Office as well which does analyze hand histories.
  • I use poker tracker , PAHUD and poker office.

If you want I can demo them for you.

But why not just download the free trial versions and see them for yourself.

Disclaimer: If you get pokertracker from my site I get $1, But I could care less if you use my site to download it.
  • Disclaimer: If you get pokertracker from my site I get $1, But I could care less if you use my site to download it.

Wow. Tournament Indicator pays $30. You need a better affliate deal.