sombody explain this to me

according to this thread on 2+2
i do not understand this statement on playing a top set against a fish/callingstation with possible flush draw.
can anybody share some light?

It actually depends on your level of aggression after flopping a set. Since OP went for the pot-sized checkraise on the turn, it maximized the odds of the flush draw to 75%, making the villain's call profitable. With lower aggression by OP, he could have minimized the flush draw odds to as low as 12%. The most profitable line with top set on a two-tome board is usually check the flop, min-bet the turn, and check-fold the river unimproved (if you fill up, then you could try a 1/3 psb or smaller on the river).

aren't u suppose to bet to take away to pot odds or let the fish make mistake by calling?

Comments

• No it's true.

When you checkraise the turn while holding a set the villains odds on completing the flush become 75%.

I think there is a chapter on this in Super System.
  • It's always 50/50. :)
  • ScoobyD wrote: »
    It's always 50/50. :)

Except BCC it's 90%
  • according to this thread on 2+2
    i do not understand this statement on playing a top set against a fish/callingstation with possible flush draw.
    can anybody share some light?

It actually depends on your level of aggression after flopping a set. Since OP went for the pot-sized checkraise on the turn, it maximized the odds of the flush draw to 75%, making the villain's call profitable. With lower aggression by OP, he could have minimized the flush draw odds to as low as 12%. The most profitable line with top set on a two-tome board is usually check the flop, min-bet the turn, and check-fold the river unimproved (if you fill up, then you could try a 1/3 psb or smaller on the river).

aren't u suppose to bet to take away to pot odds or let the fish make mistake by calling?

It's an NC thread, No Content