Less edge in Turbo's ? Pros and cons

Hey y'all ,

do you guys feel you have less of an edge in turbos because you have less time to get reads on opponents ?

What other pros and cons of turbos you feel there are ?

thanks

Comments

• depends what kind of turbo your playing.....sng turbo or mtt turbo i think.

sng turbos are very fast i tend to see moreplayers playing marginal at best hands.....mtt turbos i usually see players a tab bit more selective.

i can see why u think theres less of an edge when playing turbo, i dont believe players can play GOOD poker when blinds are 3-5 min long.
  • It is a different type of edge when it comes to playing turbo SnG. Your edge comes from knowing the ICM well, pushing/calling ranges, rather than the typical edge that is talked about in terms of out-playing players.
  • You can't out play them and you take your 60/40 edges and go with it. YOu call the push with AQ knowing your opponent can be on something like KJ. You can't afford to wait for cards because the cards may not come. You become a push monkey before you are short chipped so everyone knows they are playing you for their stack. There is an edge, it's just not in overall poker ability.