So I won a 6 month subscription in a contest to 649 auto-play. You basically get a ticket for every draw. You have 2 options, a quickpick for each, or play the same numbers each week.

Obviously the odds are same no matter what you do. It is basically a $100 promotion from the olg, that goes right back to the olg.

Preference? Superstitions? Anyone do this anyway?

Comments

• I buy a subscription. I would always forget to buy tickets. convenient getting a cheque in the mail when you win!! I always play the same numbers (I have since 6/49 started and they have only won more than $10 [3 numbers] ONCE! since 6/49 began).

Good Luck!!
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    I buy a subscription. I would always forget to buy tickets. convenient getting a cheque in the mail when you win!! I always play the same numbers (I have since 6/49 started and they have only won more than $10 [3 numbers] ONCE! since 6/49 began).

Good Luck!!

13 is an unlucky number. You did it to yourself.
  • I'd just use the same numbers since my odds don't change.

You also don't need to worry about not knowing what your numbers are.
    (Not sure if OLG emails Quick Pick number to you)
  • Both have the same highly -EV, but the few times I have played one ticket when there is a huge bonus jackpot, I pick my own numbers the day of the draw. With OLG insiders (who should not be allowed to play and win their own game) having cheated millions off legitimate winners, I am paranoid that another insider will try to rig the draw.

By the way, it would cost you $27,967,632 to buy every possible 6/49 combination!
    You have 2 options, a quickpick for each, or play the same numbers each week.
    :
    Preference? Superstitions? Anyone do this anyway?
  • Quick Pick all the way.

Choosing numbers suckers you into playing those numbers for eternity. What if you stop playing them, and they hit?
  • Good link Blondefish. While I knew lottos were bad, I had no idea that the ROI in 6/49 was only 41 cents on the dollar. What a cash grab.
  • and for the discerning mathmatician..because clearly the above is a little 'hokey'

http://www.use4.com/lottopick.html