poker academy pro software

just curious if anyone thinks this software is worth buying for $129? trying to decide if i should ask for it for xmas. there's also a cheaper version (which i'm assuming has less features) for $59.

(this is not spam. this is a legitimate post! in fact i'm asking everyone to not buy this software because it might help you beat me online in the future :)

Comments

• I actually use pokertracker and poker ace. I find they do a decent job.
  • m_dolens wrote: »
    just curious if anyone thinks this software is worth buying for $129? trying to decide if i should ask for it for xmas. there's also a cheaper version (which i'm assuming has less features) for $59.

(this is not spam. this is a legitimate post! in fact i'm asking everyone to not buy this software because it might help you beat me online in the future :)

I'm thinking about buying it too ...
  • Ask Beanie42
  • PokerAcademy is a training tool, so it's not really similar to PokerTracker or PokerAce (I use both). Academy is really good software, and has the best AI available out there. It's really good for trying out different strategies or scenarios, but it's still not "real". I really like the software for what it is - a simulator - but I don't use it much anymore. To me the main use is if you're going deep into the math side of the game, want to try things out with no risk (much better competition than play money tables), or are involved in a poker study group.

Bottom line - great software, if you have the need for a simulator.