Dumping MS Internet Explorer for Firefox

Just a heads up for all you web junkies (you know who you are).

I have for the past month been testing the new Firefox browser from Mozilla.org.

I and just must say it is one of the best Web Browsers I have ever used. Once you get used to tabbed browsing you never want to go back to multi-window browsing ever again.

With the advent of Preview Release 1 they have added a feature called LiveMark which is an built in RSS reader (basically a way to quickly scan all the new post from sites which support RSS/ATOM feeds).

Personally Preview release 1 feels more ready for primetime than any Microsoft Web Browser ever has. Now don't think that I hate MS. I have been an early user of Windows XX from the very first Beta of windows 95. However as I have said Microsoft IE doesn't even begin to compete with FireFox when it come to Surfing the web.

Add to the fact that it is free, and runs on any platform you care to mention (Apple/Windows/Linux). Plus it comes with the ability to add numerous plug-in extensions (such as adding built in Blogging tools, Live Bookmark sharing with friends, Google mail tools and more). Also should you tire of the way it looks it also supports built in skinning, with 30+ skins already made and more coming (I am currently developing a poker skin for it ;)).

Anyhow I could go on and on, but do yourselves a favour. Install it and try it for 30 day, if you don't like it I'll..., I'll..., I'll be very suprised (I was going to say eat my hat, but I like all my hats :rolleyes: ).

Comments

• Oh ya!!!! Been a happy Firefox user since it was version 0.5 Pheonix.
    Love the Adblock Extention.
  • The Web Developer is the best thing ever. No one should do web development without it!

(Another happy FireFox user)
  • you should try Opera(www.opera.com)
  • GEiST wrote:
    you should try Opera(www.opera.com)

Tried it, I found it a good browser about on part with Mozzila but not as good as firefox IMHO. Also for a small corporate environment (I started testing firefox for work in order to get a more secure brower than IE), a browser that I have to pay for doesn't make sense. I know that there is a free version, but it serves advertising to you (much like the Eudora Mail Client).

So I still choose firefox because it does all I need it to do, plus the free version doesn't make me look at Advertising.