Hand Analysis for Slowplay

Please take a look at this situation.
2740484775.png
Click on the pic or on direct link
http://www.pelopoker.com/index.php/View_Poker_Replay/straight2Cfullhouse/Klarer+Fehler3A+Slowplay+3A28/2740484775.html
I think, i should have raised earlier, but when?

Comments

• Little more info about the game/table/villian?
  • Should have raised the turn.....
  • You should have bet the turn for sure.
    I like to bet the flop in theses cases too but definitely bet the turn.

Consider slowplaying if....

1. You have a very strong hand
    2. You will probably fold everyone out if you bet.
    3. The free card you are giving will make someone 2nd best hand.
    4. The free card has little chance of making someone the best hand or a draw to the better hand.
    5. The pot is not yet very large.

Print this out and go through it next time you are thinking about slow playing.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Should have raised the turn.....

He should have raised Preflop.
    Open limp with 98o....eeeewwwwwww.
    Like Zunni said, we need more info re table image of you and the villian.

That said, you needed to raise both the flop and the turn. You are against the BB on a draw heavy board.
  • I hate the flat call on the turn. Flop call is OK, but you have to reraise on the turn there. If you're still ahead on the turn, you have to make them pay to draw to their boat.
  • Does a slowplay really even exist in limit? I say you should have been c/r to try and get more and more bets into this pot. (You don't explicitly say it is limit, but I am assuming so since nobody bet a different amount)
  • Does a slowplay really even exist in limit? I say you should have been c/r to try and get more and more bets into this pot. (You don't explicitly say it is limit, but I am assuming so since nobody bet a different amount)

You may be right there.
    Hadn't really thought of that. Just assumed it was NL.

Great question!! Is this limit?
  • If it is NL then you need to pop the turn....limit pop the flop....too many people in the hand on the flop, you need to bet your hand....
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Great question!! Is this limit?

I watched the replay again and it can't be limit.
    The turn bet is still 200. If it were limit it should have been 400.

I stand by my original assessment.
    Hobbes wrote:
    He should have raised Preflop.
    Open limp with 98o....eeeewwwwwww.
    Like Zunni said, we need more info re table image of you and the villian.

That said, you needed to raise both the flop and the turn. You are against the BB on a draw heavy board.
  • the open limp is the worst part...I stopped watching there because the rest of the hand should never have played out like that.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    the open limp is the worst part...I stopped watching there because the rest of the hand should never have played out like that.

I should have stopped watching there too.
    Just horrid.