Hand from $20 SnG WWYD

Three of us left in the SnG.
SB has been raising about 3/4 of the time and has been folding his raises to a reraise about 1/2 time, when this hand happens.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button (t1057)
SB (t9033)
Hero (t3410)

Preflop: Hero is BB with as.gif, qc.gif.
1 fold, SB raises to t600

WWYD?

Comments

• Not enough info to vote. What are the blinds? I will do whatever is most likely to double me up.

If you flat call will he cont. bet on the flop? Then the stop and go is probably the best play.

If you think he will call your push preflop then that is the best play.

Either way, here is where you want to double up. Even if you take out the small stack, you will be heads up 2:1 behind in chips, so you need to accumulate chips now.
  • moose wrote: »
    Not enough info to vote. What are the blinds? I will do whatever is most likely to double me up.
    Hobbes wrote: »
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button (t1057)
    SB (t9033)
    Hero (t3410)

Try reading..it might help :D
  • Ahhh....that HH sucks.
    Ahhh....that HH sucks.

Ya I was playing with the FTR HH converter, should have just stuck to the standard text file stuff.

He's pretty passive on the flop if he misses (easy to read), FWIW shrkscope shows these 2 as losers at this level.
    Not enough info to vote. What are the blinds? I will do whatever is most likely to double me up.

100/200
    moose wrote: »
    If you flat call will he cont. bet on the flop? Then the stop and go is probably the best play.

If you think he will call your push preflop then that is the best play.

Will generally fold to a Reraise preflop.
  • ez pooooooosh
  • You push here, he is likely folding anything but a hand that is ahead of you.

You reraise here, he is likely folding again but if he calls, you are pot committed to calling off all your chips anyway. Pushing >>> raising.

The difference between 2nd and 3rd isn't as great as the difference between 1st and 2nd. So go the high variance route and take a chance to get as many chips as possible.

You have position. Calling costs about 10% of your stack. Do that. See how he responds on the flop. He may bluff off a few more of his chips or you may decide you are way behind. Chances are good you can scoop 1500-2000 chips and you might be able to double up.
  • doing anything but shoving here is completely ridiculous
  • Based on the extensive analysis here, I change my mind.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    SB has been raising about 3/4 of the time and has been folding his raises to a reraise about 1/2 time

So.....his range is huge and you have fold equity + a premium hand.

Push your chips in the middle and taunt him with your chark....

10-fpshark.jpg
  • I think this is more of a question of future play and building a persona.

Have you been folding to his raises preflop?
    Have you been reraising often?

What are you gong to be able to do on subsequent hands?

By calling here and checking the flop if you hit will result in ALOT of chips down the road. You will get into more flops with rags and he will be afraid to contiuation bet without strong hands as players tend to remember a stinging checkraise more then a preflop push.

However, if you miss the flop you still have the option of pushing/folding although you have lost the 500 chips on the call. Yes it is a week tight play if you miss but the investment if you hit will play into the psychology alot more.

That being said, if your really against two nits and they wouldnt be able to figure out your play anyways.... just push.
  • if you don't push here your arm is broken.
  • Kind of tough, but not really. I assume you are talking a 9 player sng and that all are in the money. (I would def reconsider if based on bankroll situation if it is 6 seated and only 2 pay out.)

Otherwise it's Mosh time - PUSH!