Hey guys thought Id post some exciting new concept.

Hey guys.. Not to advertise or anything. but Im from Toronto and have decided to try something.

I dont want to do anyting that would be considered illegal. Regarding raked hands etc..

WHat i want to do is, is run live freerolls. These would be completely free for all to attend. prizes would be awarded, in the forum of say travlers cheques.. Cash at bank... For security reason dont want large amounts of money flying around table. LOL.

Basically people who are interested would sign up for a pokerroom deal.

I have 2 right now, i am working with. I got the acceptance to run these events..

So you would make a minimum deposit.. 25 bucks.. My site would reimburse you the 25 completely..

Whether you win or lose... you would be refunded. In Turn as well as being refunded you would be entered into a live freerolls for prizes.

My site would consider giving 20 -25 dollars towards prize fund and we are woking with some sponsers for other prizes.

An event would happen, players would sow up get refund. Play and have a good time. Possibly free drinks food etc.. A good night out or afternoon.

I have one going on in the Uk shortly.. Agent there running it for me.

So because im a felllow pker player from T.O. i thought id ask around if anyone was interested in this.

I have most of the equitment. tables. etc.. 2 or 3 dealers on and.. need several more, will be paid.. help running it. etc

Loction i am scouting.. it would be central.. and all players location everything would be posted on my site, winners and all..

I just thought it would be a nice way to get players together and have a gret time without this ilegal stuff of raking.

All my games would be strictly free to join.. no money on table sorta deal..
Completely free and you still would be able to walk away with some good prizes.. i thought for safety reason something that can be transfered into cash, but still is not cash.. gift certificate, visa travlers cheques can cash at bank.

Anyway like i said its all free.. the minimum deposit would refunded.. simply the poker rooms are looking to get some canadain players on site.. and i would get them there.. but not obligate them to spend teir money. THis is why i would refund no matter what... No rake no hand requirement nothing.

Simply play a bit... to make sure its a valid account and all is good.

Anyone wanting to help come over visit the site.
SPAM

Any ideas?? Would you participate?? Good idea? Bad idea??

I think as a community we could turn this into a good good thing. meet new people have some great fun.

Id most likely do it in Toronto first..and of course go elsewhere..

or i could pay someone to run it in other areas of country..

But would be willing to fly out and run one anywhere in Canada should the numbers warrant it.

Let me know guys if your up for it.. Ill get the ball roling and also let me know if you can asisst.

Thanks...

SPAM

Steve

Comments

• Hey Steve! Do you know Matty from Waterloo? I think he got busted recently.
  • -ev wrote: »
    Hey Steve! Do you know Matty from Waterloo? I think he got busted recently.

Matty got busted, what gives? Concept kind of sounds familiar.
  • Not exciting. Not new. Not legal. Get a good avatar - it'll make your spam more interesting.
  • I think Matty was busted for running the Chesterfield, not One Deal. He was still answering questions on the forum there as of two days ago.
  • Hey Guys.. HOw is it illegal? I am not running a raked game? Not taking peoples money. Prizes are not cash in nature. Can you elaborate?

Im not trying to spam, im sorry if you feel that way. I dont know what others are doing, but I just thought it would be nice way to get poker people together and at the same time give them some rewards for doing it.

I appreciate all your coments guys, and my apologies if i came across as a spammer... Not my intent.

I was simply trying to be apart of your community here, and wanted to introduce myself, and what i am doing. Please forgive me if I have done anything offensive.

I play at RedHot and love it.. I thought this would be something similar along the lines, but instead of having bars pay for events, have poker rooms do it.

Dont see how its illegal...

If i am not welcome here please let me know.. I would like to be part of this forum and contribute, part of that is who i am, and letting you know what i am doing.

Sorry.

Cheers
  • No dont know him... saw 1 deal..

Why busted? For what??

Sorry if came across as spammy.. didnt mean too.

I was trying to be friendly and ask for some comments.

I sure got them.. Pretty closed community!! my apologies guys

Im always around if you care to share more thougts!!

beanie... thanks for the avatar type deal.. i guess ill pass, sorry if i offended you in any way
  • GFPC wrote: »
    Pretty closed community!! my apologies guys

Im always around if you care to share more thougts!!

beanie... thanks for the avatar type deal.. i guess ill pass, sorry if i offended you in any way
    The fact that you don't even know about the legality shows that you haven't really looked into this very far, and that makes me wonder how qualified you are to try and run something? We see these ads constantly and they get a bit annoying, which is why we're such a skeptical bunch (or at least I am). If you stick around and show you're for real, there may be a different reaction (and I'll be the first to apologize). But the normal modus operandi is 1. spam, 2. make extravagant claims, 3. disappear.

For the legality, basically, someone is profiting (with these "signup deals"), and that makes it illegal. With RedHot, the bar profits (from selling drinks, etc.), so those are also illegal (although enforcement is slow). I host home games, and if I buy a pop for .25 and sell it for the same .25, that's breaking the law - even though I make no profit I've made a gain. It sucks and the law is stupid, but it's there. Everybody thinks they have there own special way to get around the law, but it doesn't work. The best you can hope for is that the police turns a blind eye.

As far as the avatar goes, meh - I'm having a weird day. Good luck with your plan...
  • Ok your points well taken. I was trying to get a feel of interest. I dont see how you selling a pop makes it illegal. Or Red Hot bar doing anything illegal.
    baically what your saying is, poker is not allowed period anywhere.?
    I mean anyone who attends a bar to play and buys food lets say. The bar had a food gain. ILLEGAL?
    You run a home game.. You buy a bag a chips for 3 bucks. 10 people come and you charge 30 cents for chips so all can share. ILLEGAL?

I understnad taking rake and all that is illegal. But seriously if the client does not spend a dime from pocket how can that be made illegal?

Anyway, if someone invest 20 dollars in game, and 10 people play. 200 dollars in money. If you give that all back my assumption was no gain . But your pointing out something different.

So all these organizations that run games anywhere public are illegal.
    We cant play poker pubicly is what your saying.

Gotta do it at home and do not charge 25 cents for pop. Just play cards all night for nothing.

I assume NTN trivia machines you see in bar playing texas are illegal in two ways. 1. bar gets drink sales. 2. ntn gives prizes on points.

All the events i have ever run, for free and gave out prizes are illegal..

Sounds crazy.

Thanks for sharing mate.
  • Tell you what!!! I will do my best to be here eveery single day including X mass, new years.. and every day fron now on if you join me LOL.
    I need to gain some acceptance. So if your willing i will as well.
    A simple post, we can start a great debate here for months on end, a sort of competition if you will.
    I would say we do it for something, but that may be illegal!!
    SO we can do for saying nothing.. or is nothing something?? We still may have "gain" LOL...
    I guess my point is I will try my hardest to be here everday and make a post.

I have already created a short cut on my computer with a note. click here first. Directly to board and post.

not silly posts im in.... but something meaningful.. Deal?
  • Writing the same post in 4 different sections constitutes spam in my book.

Did you check out the "Off Topic Lounge" yet?
  • Red Hot, Pirana and other free poker tours are NOT illegal. They are gambling-free, you don't have to pay a ¢ to play; if you win the fee-free tournament, you don't win a ¢ or anything for that matter, :( as I found out the hard way the last season I played. The liquor commission may have a weird bylaw that prohibits playing cards in a bar, but the OPP's Illegal Gambling Unit does not care about gambling-free games.

IANAL, but your plan sounds like Matty's legal freeroll at Liberty Grand and the Great Canadian Poker Tournament freeroll. Players that showed up did not have to pay a single ¢ to play and there was no option to buy in at the door. A few forumers went beyond healthy skepticism and were overly harsh and rude before Matty's event, but those who attended had generally good reviews. Good luck with your freeroll tournament.
    GFPC wrote: »
    Red Hot bar doing anything illegal.
    baically what your saying is, poker is not allowed period anywhere.?
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    Writing the same post in 4 different sections constitutes spam in my book.

Did you check out the "Off Topic Lounge" yet?

As i have said I am sorry... please forgive me sir?

I will ty and contribute content that you deem acceptable.

ok with you?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Red Hot, Pirana and other free poker tours are NOT illegal. They are gambling-free, you don't have to pay a ¢ to play; if you win the fee-free tournament, you don't win a ¢ or anything for that matter, :( as I found out the hard way the last season I played. The liquor commission may have a weird bylaw that prohibits playing cards in a bar, but the OPP's Illegal Gambling Unit does not care about gambling-free games.

IANAL, but your plan sounds like Matty's legal freeroll at Liberty Grand and the Great Canadian Poker Tournament freeroll. Players that showed up did not have to pay a single ¢ to play and there was no option to buy in at the door. A few forumers went beyond healthy skepticism and were overly harsh and rude before Matty's event, but those who attended had generally good reviews. Good luck with your freeroll tournament.

Im not sure about his..

I was really trying to get opinions.. i got them!!! Im simply a guy who loves to organize poker and i have done so in the past. I spend so much of my time doing it. I came across this site tried to share my ideas and you seen the responses..

I just want to meet new people and get some games going.. Maybe i should never of mentioned my site.. but i did.. so what can i do.
    I mean every other place has shared some positve feedback.. some not..
    But mostly here within 24 hours i have grilled ... LOL

I mean no harm, just trying to get along..

Thanks for your post, very helpful. I really appreciate that.
    Cheers.
  • "Tell you what!!! I will do my best to be here eveery single day including X mass, new years.. and every day fron now on if you join me LOL.
    I need to gain some acceptance. So if your willing i will as well."

There is a fine line between loyalty/nice and desperation. Guess which side of the line you are on.

Seriously, you really need to do a lot more research into all of these plans of yours, they lack focus, lack any real advantage to players, and your constant apologies and pleads that you are not trying to spam (which I hope is an act because if it is not then wow - that's a whole new record for lack of awareness) are simply not a path to success. You also clearly have no working knowledge of the regulations of this industry, and ignorance is not an excuse if and when they enforce it on you.

I went to your website, and it is like every other run of the mill affiliate website, which are so commonplace that to say they are dime a dozen vastly overestimates their value.

My only hope now is that your nice guy hippie routine is all an act and that you know you are a routine spammer and are just having fun milking it and being a variation of a troll at this point. That would at least show some hint of clever thought and awareness of the situation on your part :)
  • Great concept GFPC, except we already do it!!
    Infact we are about to announce our new 1deal.ca 400 person tourney, at a great location with large screens and a licensed bar.
    By the way, the chesterfield is not running anymore, we are trying to figure out how to open again legally so we can continue having a good time. The Chesterfield was more of a hang out than a poker game, so we would like to get that back.
    1deal is running great and we keep getting new players, thanks for the support fellas and ladies!!
  • Thank you agan for your thoughful post. i truly appreciate it.

I will be here often, so hopefully we can have some more interesting discusion. Im a CPfer so to speak. LOL

Have a good one my friend!! Much success for you at the table I hope.

Cheers
    Monteroy wrote: »
    "Tell you what!!! I will do my best to be here eveery single day including X mass, new years.. and every day fron now on if you join me LOL.
    I need to gain some acceptance. So if your willing i will as well."

There is a fine line between loyalty/nice and desperation. Guess which side of the line you are on.

Seriously, you really need to do a lot more research into all of these plans of yours, they lack focus, lack any real advantage to players, and your constant apologies and pleads that you are not trying to spam (which I hope is an act because if it is not then wow - that's a whole new record for lack of awareness) are simply not a path to success. You also clearly have no working knowledge of the regulations of this industry, and ignorance is not an excuse if and when they enforce it on you.

I went to your website, and it is like every other run of the mill affiliate website, which are so commonplace that to say they are dime a dozen vastly overestimates their value.

My only hope now is that your nice guy hippie routine is all an act and that you know you are a routine spammer and are just having fun milking it and being a variation of a troll at this point. That would at least show some hint of clever thought and awareness of the situation on your part :)
  • Very nice matties, turns out its an excellent idea that has already been done.

Perhaps its a good thing. I mean having people spending time getting good
    locations and providing fun for the canadian Poker crowd.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Good luck on the 400, amazing, im really impressed.

Have a wonderful night.

I am going to a police concert!! Should be nice

Cheers fellows.
    mattykies wrote: »
    Great concept GFPC, except we already do it!!
    Infact we are about to announce our new 1deal.ca 400 person tourney, at a great location with large screens and a licensed bar.
    By the way, the chesterfield is not running anymore, we are trying to figure out how to open again legally so we can continue having a good time. The Chesterfield was more of a hang out than a poker game, so we would like to get that back.
    1deal is running great and we keep getting new players, thanks for the support fellas and ladies!!
  • If you are so interested in the well being of the game and "love" to "organize" poker games, how about doing it with this twist...

You provide the location, dealers, cards, chips and organize a freeroll tournament where people can just show up and play. No one pays a single cent. No online site requires it's participants to make a deposit before playing in a freeroll.

Rhetorical question, but why ask members to pay $20 if you're going to reimbuse it?

There's an angle to your approach and there has to be some profit for you or else you wouldn't do it.

Seriously, if you're not going to take the time to look into the legalities of what you're doing and are going to simply go on a forum asking from advice from strangers, you deserve what you get and won't get sympathy from anyone when you're telling your sob story from federal-pound-me-in-the-ass-prison.

gl
  • Thanks mate. Yur well thoguht out comments are very well taken.

I appreciate your feedback.

Just checking to see what peoples thoughts were/ nothing more.

I would gladly run a freeroll for anyone, who would glady come and play just for fun.

So your wlecome to PM me anytime my friend.

Actually it would a blast... looking forward to hearing from you mate!!

Have a wonderful day.
    margaud wrote: »
    If you are so interested in the well being of the game and "love" to "organize" poker games, how about doing it with this twist...

You provide the location, dealers, cards, chips and organize a freeroll tournament where people can just show up and play. No one pays a single cent. No online site requires it's participants to make a deposit before playing in a freeroll.

Rhetorical question, but why ask members to pay $20 if you're going to reimbuse it?

There's an angle to your approach and there has to be some profit for you or else you wouldn't do it.

Seriously, if you're not going to take the time to look into the legalities of what you're doing and are going to simply go on a forum asking from advice from strangers, you deserve what you get and won't get sympathy from anyone when you're telling your sob story from federal-pound-me-in-the-ass-prison.

gl
  • IMO-Despite being in it for the love of the game, the minimum deposit reiumbursed is obviously similar to 1deal and they make money off the rake as all members are affiliates. Some would be a loss as they wouldn't play and others would make them the money hopefully depositing time and time again and getting their friends to sign up too to make it worthwhile if they like the site etc. Perhaps some people wont claim their refund, which helps of course...Not a scam, not illegal, just a good business model that takes a ton of work but can help get people online to the sites they endorse.
  • Interesting point mate,

I agree. What I see 1deal as doing is very benefical. I think they have done an excellent job, based on what I saw. It gives the player a chance to try the site out., at no risk. NO need to continue depositing if dont want to.
    basically advertsing really.

With any profits, alot of it goes back to the players in terms of running the event. As well as paying staff and for their own time.

I have seen this type of system alot in Europe and even now in the USA

Different sites... Some close to RED Hots approach. A tad different.

At anyrate, i like it and think its wonderful that peope are willing to do it.

NO money is risked at all by the player, and no rake is taken from them in my mind.

Thanks for your comments mate. Interesting enough, many of the people who have issues with it and are rather upset by it are the sames ones who have signed up with One deal!! Go figure..

Its a good Job what they doing, i certainly vouch for them.

Its not a new idea no and never was, dozens of places are doing it, just not many in the T.O areas..

Interesting to note. The CPF bucks here are excellent, and to come here is great. These sme people who post and show anger, theey receive these points to receive bucks, these bucks are given to play on a poker site, of which if i am not mistaken make this forum money. The money is transfered via this site to their accounts to play. Mind you they do not need to make a deposit to get reimbursed. Essentially its the same thing. Except with the other way, they would deposit and recieve refund, s you play with CPF bucks in order to cash out i think you have to make a deposit anyway and play a bit? I may be wrong...
    its all about advertising the sites.. If a way exists that would allow groups who run these events to fund account for the players, then im sure that would make a difference?? Some already do this. Affiliates do the depositng for the players to get them there, and trust they wont withdrawl. Is this illegal?

I give you 20 to deposit, and you give 20 to room..??
    Only difference really is you give 20 to room and i give you 20.

Most rooms will not allow the first method, and rightly so, it cn cause alot of fraudulent claims.. But as i see some doing anyway... just cehck it out.

To refund a player when he makes his deposit, both makes hm a legitamate player on room, and the person offering these deals to refund him, and enter him in a freeroll tourney for free. No mattter what this person walks out with no loss... so the group have not proftited from player.

rather they made a small advertising fee to get player there.
    its the same thing with CPfs here..essentially.

You post and post because you want cpf bucks to play poker with fo free..
    Just a different method??
    this forum makes a rake on that dont they?? iS that illegal?

Anyway its all good.. I wonder would doing a freeroll for CpF bucks be illegal?
    LOL...

Have a great night all.. and good luck at the tables.

Solace015 wrote: »
    IMO-Despite being in it for the love of the game, the minimum deposit reiumbursed is obviously similar to 1deal and they make money off the rake as all members are affiliates. Some would be a loss as they wouldn't play and others would make them the money hopefully depositing time and time again and getting their friends to sign up too to make it worthwhile if they like the site etc. Perhaps some people wont claim their refund, which helps of course...Not a scam, not illegal, just a good business model that takes a ton of work but can help get people online to the sites they endorse.