O.P.C. Top 10, Tourney 2

Well Tourney 2 of the O.P.C. ( Our Poker Club ) has come to a close. This past weekend the club met once again to see who could come away with the a top 5 finish for the monthly prize. Members were also after the ever important points available for their season totals.

With 2 tourneys now played and 4 more to go, the feeling is that we just can't play enough. It seemed like a marathon since the first tourney. I personally couldn't wait for the second tourney and now it has come and gone all to quickly. Now we must sit back, contemplate our strategies and prepare for the remainder of the season.

The post tourney talk has already started. It lasted a good couple weeks from tourney 1 and I feel that tourney 2 may do the same. Talk of bad beats and great hands continue as the great night is rehashed over and over. Isn't it GREAT !!!

As the final 16 players took their seats, the latest exits from the tourney watching on. The play began with one seemed like some very quick exits. In 16th place Doug, followed out in 15th was Andrew. Play continued for some time before Troy went out in 14th. Pete was next in 13th which gave him a good position season wise to go with his 6th place finish in the 1st tourney.
Scott's substitute Stacey then went out in 12th place giving Scott some respectable points.

It then came down to 11 players. The next one to exit was tourney 1 champion Wade, who now had some great point totals for his season. The blinds were now sneaking up on a few of the smaller stacks in the final 10 players. These players were fortunate thou as one of the larger stacks went head to head with another large stack. Dan went out in 10th spot as his KK could not catch for him as Pat put him out with his AA.

In 9th spot was Geoff C. Geoff has some good season points as well finishing in 7th spot in tourney 1. Geoff had AK and got a caller in Ted with his AQ. Unlike Dan however Ted caught his Queen and this ended Geoff's evening and Ted got a healthy stack for his reward.

As one of our short stacks was waiting for all the excitement to end on table 2. Greg found himself back in the hunt after winning a couple all-ins and gaining a respectable stack for himself. It all came to and end however when he raised pre-flop maybe to steal a blind found Mike S. call him. Mike's bubble shortly got bursted when Pat raised Mike that would Mike all-in as well.
Greg couldn't have been too happy to see all this happen and Mike was so far in now that he decided to call. Pat flipped over his KK. Mike flipped the 77 and Greg had a KJ suited. Pat collected all the pot putting Greg and Mike packing in 8th and 7th respectively.

In 6th spot we find Matt. This was my battle royal partner for the evening. We started on the same table together and moved over to table 1 together eventually. All night we were in battles. Passing our chips back and forth. Right when I thought I had him, Matt would come back, Matt did an excellent job to get to 6th place after almost being out, and battling back to build his stack. Luckily for me, I got Matt when he was dealt an A9. I myself was dealt a JQ suited and called his pre-flop raise. The flop came 5JJ. I figured this was the one and checked. Matt checked and an A came on the turn. I checked and Matt went all-in and I called. Nothing on the river and we were to our final 5.

5th Place went to Kevin who had a very, very, very early exit in tourney 1. He goy some great points in tourney 2 and has found himself in the middle of the pack season point wise. Pat " the get your coat, you're going home " was a one men wrecking crew for many of our members in tourney 2. Unfortunately for Kevin who found himself short stacked at this point went all-in with his 55. Pat called with a J5suited and found a AQJ in the flop. The turn and river were no help to Kevin as he passed his chips to Pat's growing stack.

For the 2nd tourney in a row. ( We have only had 2 ) Leon found himself in 4th place. Always a bridesmaid may be a new nickname, let's hope not for Leon's sake. So close once again, Leon was up against the calm, cool, steady hands, Ted! Leon with his AQ got caught by Ted as the flop showed 827. Ted had K7 and followed Leon. The turn came K and no help on the river for Leon. Leon now finds himself tied for 1st in the season totals.

It was now down to 3. Pat, Ted and myself. Many chips were passed back and forth and Ted was growing his stack after a few hands with Pat. Pat's 3rd place finish came when he had a Q2 suited and raised pre-flop. I called and we saw the turn. Q85. After a bet from Pat, I went all-in and there was a call from Pat. Pat showed Q2, giving him the high pair, and I flipped my AA. The turn and river were no help and it was down to 2.

After a few hands and some blind stealing. The 2 friends had been here before. Not with this much on the line, but been there. As the hands went on, neither one really getting the cards they wanted. Ted finally raised pre-flop, maybe hoping for the steal? I went all-in quickly and Ted accussed me of being " full of shit ". ;) Ted called and realized once I flipped the AK suited, that maybe this time I wasn't. :) Unfortunate for Ted nothing helped his J3 and our 2nd tourney had come to a close.

Hope everyone had fun, see you at tourney 3.
Just like before, I don't know if I can wait that long. :banghead:

Comments

• Hey xsqueezeme I can't believe that you did not mention the hand that gave you alot of chips. Remember your ace jack. I had jack queen betting all the way. With jack showing as high card. Thought I had the better kicker. I was wrong. Any way tourny went smoothly and was well organized. I cannot wait for the next one. Well that is it so I will leave you with this. BRONCOS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. YEAH BABY.
  • :rolleyes:
    hip73 wrote:
    Hey xsqueezeme I can't believe that you did not mention the hand that gave you alot of chips. Remember your ace jack. I had jack queen betting all the way. With jack showing as high card. Thought I had the better kicker. I was wrong. :rolleyes: Any way tourny went smoothly and was well organized. I cannot wait for the next one. Well that is it so I will leave you with this. :D BRONCOS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. YEAH BABY. :tongue:
  • That was a good for me, you are right. That definitely helped me out with my chip count. :)

Glad you had a good time at the tourney. You are sitting pretty for the season totals with 2 good finishes thus far.

You were wrong with one thing you said though???

Plummer hands to Quentin to move to a desired kicking position for Elam. Wait a second did he hand it to him?? Oops!

Kick this Elam!! LOL
  • For any of you O.P.C. members who are pokerforum members, feel free to post how you busted out of the tourney. I unfortunately didn't see everyone exit the tourney since I was playing myself. I heard some good hands being talked about at work and thought maybe it would be cool to post here on the forum if you liked.

For those of you that are not pokerforum members, it is very easy to join and it is free. So sign up and become a member. After signing up, you will be able to post any replies you may have.

Since I don't have a a bust for the 2nd tourney and the 1st tourney bust is forever in my head, I will share it with you.

I found myself at the final table with a very small stack. The blinds have been putting pressure on me for sometime now. The cards didn't seem to be falling my way unfortunately. I found myself with a J9 :club: . This was probably the best thing I had seen in awhile. After seeing the flop of J74, with only 1 club showing, I threw in the rest of my chips and was all-in. One caller in Dave P. came for the ride. As we flipped our cards and to my disappointment, Dave's J10 held up. Dave's kicker took me down and I found myself with an 8th place finish in Tourney 1. :)