Live mtt question

Settings :

60 players, freeroll (it's actually some kind of "league" where if you finish in the top 10% of the tournament you earn a ticket to the monthly where you can then earn a ticket to the district and then to some kind of big tourney on TV where they have nice prizes...) anyway I play this for fun and have more "live poker" experience as it's pretty limited so far.

Alright... I don't like the structure as I think it's too fast for a live tournament but then again it's on weeknight so I guess they have to keep it short.

Stacks starts at 10,000
Blinds 100 / 200
Changes every 15 minutes (no middle level, always double)
200-400
300-600
400-800
500-1000
1000-2000
2000-4000 etc... you get the idea.

Alright my question is... with these crazy-fast blinds what range of card you have to get to play a hand? I'm sure it's more aggresive than usual live tournaments but I'm wondering...

I doubled up fairly early with AK against A10 (btw it's filled with donks) and then I didn'T catch anything really payable to bust out in 25th or so place on a 910J 2 spades board with Q10 the guy called with 5-6s and hit the As on the river though luck but that's poker.

Anyway liike I said, I'm wondering with the settings, type of players and blind pace , how you'd play that type of tourney?

Comments

• Drunk

asdgdfa
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Anyway liike I said, I'm wondering with the settings, type of players and blind pace , how you'd play that type of tourney?

When the blinds are "cheap", and you have some postion get into hands with a suited face, suited connectors, mid-connectors, basically anything that will pay off big if you hit.

You really don't have time to mess around with playing "poker", just get into basic B-I-N-G-O mode.

Or do what moose says, play loaded :D
  • The blind structure is similar to other free poker tours, and is actually better than some raked club tournaments. You want to double up, but you cannot wait for premium hands. You need to keep being very aggressive until you make it the top 10%. If there is no difference between 1st and 6th place, then it is like a multi-qualifier satellite; you only need to finish 6th once for the month.
    InsaneGuy wrote: »
    I don't like the structure as I think it's too fast for a live tournament but then again it's on weeknight so I guess they have to keep it short.
    :
    I'm sure it's more aggresive than usual live tournaments but I'm wondering...?