Curise Ship, Worst poker ever.

I took a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean I had a fabulous time snorkeling and diving but aboard the ship was the worst poker ever.

1. The dealers were horrid. They were new to poker. None of them could even pitch cards or determine which hand won. None of them knew the rules of poker. The floor didn't seem to know anything either.

The dealers were constantly colouring up everyone bet so we had to make change anytime anyone bet ... In games like craps sometimes pit crews are taught to do this so people bet more .. but in poker it slows the game down for no reason...

The rake was the worst I've ever heard of ... 10% max $15 on a 2/5 NL table max $500 buyin.

2. Fortunately some of the players were awful, drunk players would sit down with fist fulls of purple $500 chips ... some were new to holdem.. some were new to poker... they kept a little sheet that showed the rankings of the hands by them... Unfortunately there were 5 sharks and 5 new fish at the table each night.

3. There was one poker table serving a ship of 3500 passengers.

4. They ran a tournament but they wouldn't tell me what the prize for winning was.. they made vague allusions to a free cruise that would have some portion of the prize money.

Comments

• What cruise line.
  • Damn at least you got to play NL. Mine was only 5/10 limit donkfest.
  • almost a month until my ship sets sail so hopefully there will be some poker on board. Not many ships offer poker on board these days apparently. Mostly video poker.
  • 2 years earlier I went on the Carniaval Triumph, It was a good ship to play poker on.
    They had some reasonable dealers and 5/10 limit.....
  • I agree with the OP whole-heartedly. I was on the Celebrity Millennium (nice ship, btw) last x-mas. They had one table of 5-10 limit for the entire ship. It only opened at 6 pm, and was filled with terrible LAG players. The dealers we're good natured, but new to poker.

I made $400 in 3 hours.

If I go again, I'll happily line up to play, but I'll complain about it to anyone who'll listen.
  • cardplayercruises.com