web address change?

Did our old pokerforum.ca change to pokerforumcanada.com recently? I can no longer get here by using the former web address...

Comments

• still works for me; hopefully I'm still getting access to all the posts. Even the heading is still pokerforum.ca.
  • yeah i still use the pf.ca one
  • This is really strange, I can not access the site via pokerforum.ca, only pokerforumcanada.com. All 3 of my computers are the same. Because of this, links within threads also don't work. Got me sort of stumped. I reset my router, etc, thinking perhaps that's the common link, but no difference. Sloth, et al, any ideas?
  • Both names work for me.
    Try clearing the DNS Cache on your computer.

ipconfig /flushdns
  • Both pokerforum.ca and pokerforumcanada.com have the same IP address of 70.87.12.170. If all three of your computers are in the same place, what has changed since the last time pokerforum.ca worked for you?
  • Very interesting (and I consider myself fairly fluent in the ways of the World Wide Web).. lol.. Ron, I had already flushed the DNS cache as you suggested. I occasionally get customers to do that when they call me with complaints that they can't get to a certain web address, ie clear your temp internet files and as you suggested flush the DNS... No diff there and keep in mind this is on 3 computers all attached to my router, 2 wireless and my server hard wired.
    Buddy, you bring up an interesting point. I can ping the 70.87.12.170 address just fine and I can ping the DNS address www.pokerforumcanada.ca (shows above IP address) but when I ping the pokerforum.ca DNS I get host not found... Hmmm... My router? When I get around to it I'll try a spare router..

Tracert shows the same thing, hosted at planet.com
  • Probably a problem on your DNS server. Wait a day and maybe it'll fix itself.

# ping www.pokerforumcanada.com
    PING pokerforumcanada.com (70.87.12.170) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from aa.c.5746.static.theplanet.com (70.87.12.170): icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=50.2 ms

# ping www.pokerforum.ca
    PING pokerforum.ca (70.87.12.170) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from aa.c.5746.static.theplanet.com (70.87.12.170): icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=50.6 ms

/g2
  • Not sure about that Greg, this has been going on for a few days. I'm on a Sympatico DSL...
  • Boo. Thanks a lot Jeff. Now I'm having the same problem.
  • Sounds like an STD now.

/g2
  • Jeepers, I don't think I've even seen Moose since the Ryder..... :)
  • You can get an STD from the internet, duh!

/g2
  • compuease wrote: »
    Jeepers, I don't think I've even seen Moose since the Ryder..... :)

Never been to the Ryder...
  • moose wrote: »
    Ryder=Royal Cup. I played you headsup in NL. At least that's how I remember it.

/g2
  • Uhhh AFAIK

Ryder <<<<< Royal Cup
  • moose wrote: »
    Ummmm so is this saying you've never been to the Ryder cup of golf?

The best jokes are the ones you have to explain haha

/g2
  • pokerforum.ca not working again?

only way I can get in is through pokerforumcanada.com
  • still works for me

/g2
  • I'm still getting the same issue intermittantly, no pattern that I can see.
  • Me too intermittent. Fine again.
  • Have never had problems going through pokerforum.ca...now I hope I didn't jinx it.
  • Hey compuease,

Read the following link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file

The host file can be modified by applications to inject an incorrect IP\hostname mapping.

I would open up <WINDOWS_DIR>\system32\drivers\etc

In there you will find a file called hosts. OPen it up with your favorite editor and hopefully you will find an entry for pokerforum.ca. If you do, wipe it out and save the file.

Hope this helps,

Dgangsta
  • Thanks for the tip gangsta but I was already well aware of the hosts file (and its purpose) (mine has nothing in it other than the default 127 0 0 1 localhost entry). Since several ppl have mentioned this issue I don't think it has anything to do with our own systems....