WSOP, Tournament of Champions

Tonight 8:10pm ESPN

WSOP, Tournament of Champions

...Just hope to find the torrent anywhere online tommorow!

Comments

• Hey man, do you want to let me know if you find the torrent... I am a HUGE Daniel Negreanu fan and want to see that show.

As well if you know the results, I wouldnt mind hearing them now and I will watch the show later... hehe. :)

Thanks.
  • I heard that this was very good, I need to see it ASAP!!
  • Yeah, mads777 any luck finding the torrent today?
  • If people can't find the torrent, let me know. I Tivo'd it last night, so I can compress it to a DIVX and place it on my FTP server if people need it. I watched all but the last 1/2 hr, and it was pretty good. :D

For Dennis: it was down to Annie Duke, and Helmuth when I went to bed.
  • Paul3221 wrote:
    If people can't find the torrent, let me know. I Tivo'd it last night, so I can compress it to a DIVX and place it on my FTP server if people need it. I watched all but the last 1/2 hr, and it was pretty good. :D

For Dennis: it was down to Annie Duke, and Helmuth when I went to bed.

But now, all of us know :frown: ;)

At least we or I don't know the final result..don't say please! :D

Regarding the torrent thing, it would be very nice if you could do that. I don't know what is a FTP server, but I suppose that we can go there and download it...

I know that all the WSOP episodes are available at http://www.tvtorrents.net/, so maybe it'll be there later...not now for sure! just checked...

Can you paste your link there? Don't know how it works...more seeds, faster download?

thx
  • Yeah Paul it would be great if you could put it on a FTP... thanks so much man. :)
  • FTP is easier that Bit torrent, and you don't need to install special software for it. Any PC should be able to do it with Netscape or internet Explorer. If I have time, I'll do it tonight, and post a link here. I'm not sure how fast it'll be though. I may have to throttle it back a bit, or I won't be able to play poker... ;-)
  • $%#!@#$$!!! For some reason, it quit recording after about 1.5 hrs. :mad: It's supposed to be on again tomorrow night, so I'll try to record it again then. If anyone's interested, here's the ESPN schedule:

http://espn.go.com/eoe/wsop/schedule.html

I also recorded the Poker Superstars Invitational on Fox Sports. Is there any interest in that?
  • Who is in the Poker Superstar Invitational?

Negreanu maybe?
  • Paul3221 wrote:
    I also recorded the Poker Superstars Invitational on Fox Sports. Is there any interest in that?
    Which episode are they up to now? I heard that Fox Sports showed a 4th episode last week but it hasn't been torrented...

hork.
  • I'm not sure. I did record it last week. I think it said round #1 final at the beginning of it. I could tell you who won, but I don't want to spoil it (again)...
  • I heard that a torrent is now available for TOC. Can't check it myself until I get home, but if anyone wants to check and confirm it, it is available at http://tvt.milfclan.com

hork.
  • I have a question about torrents... the more seeds does that mean a faster download? I mean my download of the TOC is going pretty freakin slow, any way too speed it up?
  • What speed is it coming down at now?
    If you are finding that it is coming down at 2k or 3k per second and your upload is 0 k then it may be because you are behind a firewall and incoming connections cannot download off of you? How quick are you uploading? If it is at 0 then you may need to enable port forwarding on your firewall to allow incoming connections. The faster your upload speed, generally the faster you can download with bittorrent.
    However this torrent has just been seeded and has a high ratio of leechers to seeders, therefore it will be slow going. You may just need to be patient. The more seeders to leechers there are the better.
  • Dennis187 wrote:
    I have a question about torrents... the more seeds does that mean a faster download? I mean my download of the TOC is going pretty freakin slow, any way too speed it up?

It depends on a lot of things. # of seeds, if you a member of the posting group, your connection speed (both up and down), if you are downloading anything else at that time from the same tracker.

One of the best things you can do is openning a port (6881-6889 usually) in your firewall to match up with the port your torrent client is set to download from. This enables you to fully participate in the torrent swarm* and have other torrent clients push data instead of just requesting data from their clients. If you are not a true part of the swarm you can only request data (usually sequencially but not always) and then when it finds a machine that has the piece of data it places your machine in a queue to get that data. As a part of the swarm if a Machine out there realizes you do not have a certain piece of data, and it has that piece and an open queue it will actually push that piece into your computer without you having to send a request.

*A torrent swarm act as a cluster of machines each trying to spread missing data around faster in order to spread out the bandwidth between multiple computers instead of just one.
  • Just too give you guys an update my download is now going pretty decent for a torrent... 5 horus too completion now and I am at 10% downloaded... just took awhile to get going.

By the way I posted this in a new thread I started as well but what program(s) do I need too watch torrents? This is my first one and I really want to be able to watch it once the download is done.
  • Dennis187 wrote:

By the way I posted this in a new thread I started as well but what program(s) do I need too watch torrents? This is my first one and I really want to be able to watch it once the download is done.
    A torrent file is just information on where to obtain the real files... it will save on your computer as whichever form of data file it originated as (in this case two .mpg files)

Luckily, this is one of the more common formats, so you will need Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Quicktime, ATI File Player, or any other video player to play them.. chances are your pc already is equipped to play this file..

hork.
  • Paul3221 wrote:

I would be very interested!

Have the first three, but after that nothing...

I think they could now be at their 6th...not sure... But if we consider a once a week show, the 3rd one was avalaible 3 weeks ago...maybe it is just once every 2 weeks...
  • Ya, if you have the 4th episode of the Poker Superstars show, I'd be interested in it as well.
  • I'm not at home right now, but I will be tonight. I can check then. Is there any way to tell for sure which one it is, without giving away what happens? Does it say in the credits or anything?
    I don't use bit torrent, but like I said, I can put it on an FTP server, or share it on E-mule. Whatever's best for people here.
  • FTP server would be best I think, when I get home in an hour or so I'll take a look at episode 3 and PM you with who should be left at the beggining of #4, probabbly the easiest way to tell.
  • sounds good. I'll check when I get home.