Are you bluffing...I can't tell

How do you tell if a person if bluffing or not? I suck at telling this and as a result fold a lot. HELPPP!

Comments

• Get the special sunglasses that let you look into a person's soul.
  • -ev wrote: »
    Get the special sunglasses that let you look into a person's soul.

Or a wife...does the same thing
  • If you call the bet then you will see the opponents hand at showdown and that should give you a bit more information as to whether he/she was bluffing or not.

In seriousness, there are times where it appears your opponent was drawing to a flush or straight and sometimes you do need to call a river bet with a marginal hand to avoid becoming a player that someone can always get to fold if nothing else.

Otherwise your question is far too vague to give a specific response.
  • How do you tell if a person if bluffing or not? I suck at telling this and as a result fold a lot. HELPPP!

reraise. if they fold, they were probably bluffing.
  • The bread trick still works wonders for me. I use it from time to time. It usually lets you know where you are in the hand, if they call your bet on the turn you are likely behind, if they raise you, they weren't bluffing and you should dump it.

Here is an old post from when I used it in a $3R against ImAFish4U.
    http://pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?p=76174&highlight=bread#post76174
  • personally, it would depend on if you have played with that player before.
    Experience always proves an asset. I used to have such a problem. However at times even when i thought iwas down, i decided they had a mannerism when making a bet, and wanted to see the showdown. If they had a hand i would know beased on that mannersim. same true for if they were bluffing.

however there are players who can fake a tell and make you believe it. Time and experience will help.

I know for sure i get bluffed sometimes, but depending on the betting sequence and pattern and amount, its hard to make the call.

Hope this helped mate.