Need help

Hello

I am a winning LIVE limit holdem player and have had success in LIVE tournaments as well. I have recnetly been playing online on Party Poker. I enjoy playing online and only play sitngo tournaments. I play in the range of $22 to $55 6man non-turbo tourneys. I can't seem to get anywhere in these tournaments - I have played 74 so far and have a loss of about $170. I consistenly lose to insane calls by people. I am not going to write some bad beat stories and want you to feel bad for me - just going to give couple of examples with not much detail. Blinds are 100/200 guy limps in with 2100 i front of him and I puch all in on the button for 1100 with AJs and he calls with 45os - spikes a 5. Example 2 - same blind level 100/200 i Push all in UTG with 1010 for for 1200 and small blind call with K2os and 2500 behind - hits a K on river. Anyways - if anyone can give me some tips on how to beat these players or what the hell is going on that would be great.

Comments

• JoeBlough wrote: »
    Hello

I play in the range of $22 to $55 6man non-turbo tourneys. I can't seem to get anywhere in these tournaments - I have played 74 so far and have a loss of about $170.

so if you win the next 9 person $55 SnG you play you will be up $55? i guess that's not great for 74 games, but at least you're not losing money per se.

obviously your hand examples lack any real merit since...well to be honest...they're just two hands in 74 games. perhaps it's not just the last hand that you lose out on that should be your concern. perhaps it's the rest of your game.

to make matters short, don't complain about idiots who make donk calls like that because 1) shit happens, it's poker and 2) it's donks like that that help the good players make money. in other words, you're going to get bad beats and 'solving the problem' of bad beats should not be what you are looking at in trying to make your game better.
  • 74 is barely a sample size,

A sentence that starts with " I am not going to write some bad beat stories" will always contain a bad beat story.

Move up to $500 sit and gos where they will respect your raises and will only call you when they have you beat. Your results should improve.

All the best.