Weird way I play against a Tight Passive

Brantford 5/10 Limit

Christine, is a very nice asian lady. She's a regular Tight passive player she's in the room every time I've been there. . I think she's a winning player at 5/10.

My table image is Aggressive and tight. I've been caught making a few bluffs.

Folded around to Christine in the CO. She raises to $10. Folded to me in the BB. I have AcKc.

I re-raise to 15, she calls quickly.

Flop come 9s 5s 2s

At this point my standard line is to bet out.
But I don't do that because I think she won't bet unless she has a flush.

I check .... She checks.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't have a flush.

Turn is a 4s

Damn. Now I'm what she has. I don't think she semi bluffs so I think she might have made something here...

Again my standard line heads up is to bet here. But I think she won't bet unless she has a flush... so...

I check ...

She bets $10.

I ....?

Comments

• Fold...you know she has it now.
  • Flop come 9s 5s 2s

At this point my standard line is to bet out.
    But I don't do that because I think she won't bet unless she has a flush.
    How does that make sense? If you think she won't bet unless she has a flush... then bet and she'll fold if she doesn't have a flush or flush draw, and guess what... you win the pot!!! Right?

If she does have a flush she'll probably raise. If she has a flush draw she'll probably just call. At least you gain some info.
    Turn is a 4s

Damn. Now I'm what she has. I don't think she semi bluffs so I think she might have made something here...

Again my standard line heads up is to bet here. But I think she won't bet unless she has a flush... so...

I check ...

She bets $10.

I ....?
    Huh?

If your read is she won't bet unless she has a flush, then fold.

/g2
  • As played, very easy fold on the turn. The pot is small, you have nothing, and you're up against a TP bettor. Yikes.

But please, please, please bet the flop (any flop).
  • mmm horrid
  • Well my thinking was this.

If she has a flush draw then there are 6.5 small bets in the pot. Betting on the flop 1 sb and she has odds to call for the flush draw so ... No sense in betting the flop.

If she doesn't have a flush draw. Then since she's passive and won't bluff here.

On the turn there will be 3 Big bets in the pot so.. betting 1 BB will kinda not give her quite enough to call for the flush draw.

Plus I could be behind a small pair etc...

But when the flush card hit on the turn... yuck .. game over?

Is my reasoning wacked ... it seems soooo passive?
  • You should bet the flop. Checking the flop meant 1 of 2 things - you have flopped the nuts or you have dick all.

Betting will win you pot more often and is the best play with this kind of player - tight passive will muck if they didn't connect well.