For all you Guitar Hero addicts

2»

Comments

• 1) No mother is that cool to both have bought the game, know all about it, post it to ebay AND write up a witty backstory

2) Theres a lot of these types of auctions where someone writes up a big sob story to try to get someone..

3) Chances of being paid the 9K. -0%.

Anyway, I'm still stuck at One/Raining Blood on Hard but went on a miracle run to get to The Metal on Expert.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm still stuck at One/Raining Blood on Hard but went on a miracle run to get to The Metal on Expert.

Ditto on Hard, I can't seem to get past The Seeker on Expert.

The Ebay auction was good for a laugh though...9k for a Video game...Slash would probably give you REAL guitar lessons for 5K and let you keep the Les Paul.
  • Ditto on Hard, I can't seem to get past The Seeker on Expert.

I've been playing Rock Band (WAAAY easier than GH3) for the last few weeks and it (apparently) follows the same restricted HOPO system as GH2.. Now when I go back to GH3 with it's larger window for hitting notes, I find I can get though solos 30% better than I used to..
  • BRAG: Beat Hard the other day. I can now pass raining blood on hard without star power.. DWDTG vs Lou took me about three hours cuz he's so cheap.

The Metal on Expert is my current bane.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    BRAG: Beat Hard the other day. I can now pass raining blood on hard without star power.. DWDTG vs Lou took me about three hours cuz he's so cheap.

The Metal on Expert is my current bane.

Nice!!!!!!
  • So there I am cruising through the local Wal Mart the other night with my 7 year old. We came across the GHIII setup in the electronics dept, so I give it a whirl....

I got 2% of the notes to a Pat Benatar song. :(

My son did better than me at his first go around, he got 5%.

I suck at GHIII.
  • I'm waiting for the interview with Pat Benatar

"Hi, Pat, great to have you"

"Thanks, glad to be here"

"So, your song 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' has been included on the newest Guitar Hero!!"

"Yes, yes, I'm quite excited, and it was a lot of fun seeing my work..."

"Yes yes, no doubt, but I must ask you one thing, how does it feel to have the one song on GH3, well, any of the Guitar Hero versions actually, that nobody has actually enjoyed playing?"

"Pardon"

"I mean, literally millions of people have played these games, and there's such a wide span of musical influences, yet there it is, a complete lack of entertainment from "HMWYBS"

"Is this some kinda..."

"Which reminds me, how is obscurity these days? I mean, you've not even been on The Surreal Life... THE SURREAL LIFE!!! I mean GOD, Vanilla ICE was on there for crying out loud...."

"Why I never!!"

"Anyways, that's about all the time we have now, don't forget to say hi to "Right Said Fred" for us will you? "

Mark
  • So there I am cruising through the local Wal Mart the other night with my 7 year old. We came across the GHIII setup in the electronics dept, so I give it a whirl....

I got 2% of the notes to a Pat Benatar song.

My son did better than me at his first go around, he got 5%.

I suck at GHIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrXdRe9Po4

Im gonna assume it looked like this

and for god sake, put pants on when you go to walmart.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    "Anyways, that's about all the time we have now, don't forget to say hi to "Right Said Fred" for us will you? "

I actually saw RSF on the news this past summer (I was in Germany, so it may not have made the news here)...he got beaten up in Russia while attending Pride March...so I guess Pat Benatar wins the obscurity contest!
  • BUMP: Beat The Metal, Pride and Joy and Knights of Cyndonia on Expert. 3 songs + CoP + Tier 8 left.
  • Currently just beat Tier 1 on Hard and I find it, well....really Hard? Don't know how you guys manage Expert? Whay kind of ratings do you get? I usually try to get min 4 stars before moving on......

My seven year old has beaten Lou on Medium and is now working on Hard. My nine year old is on Expert and kicks my ass.

Rockband BETTER come out for the Wii, or else next Christmas we'll see a PS3 under the tree!
  • This kid is 9 years old! Just gross.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZSXCKK3bU
  • Oooh!

GUITAR HERO TOURNAMENT IN CAMBRIDGE!!!!

Saturday, Jan 26 7pm. M&M's bar and grille (on Main Street, near the Zehr's)

Mark
  • BRAG: Only One and Raining Blood left on Expert

Beat: Disc is scratched and I can't play One or TTFAF anymore.

Beat: Only One and Raining Blood left on Expert :-)
  • Bristol Street now has Rock Band!

I love you Zithal.

Johnnie.

ps...congrats BBC_Z!
  • M&M Bar in Cambridge is having a GH contest Jan 26th @ 7PM
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Bristol Street now has Rock Band!

Is that the one with the drums?
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    Is that the one with the drums?

Yes...and a microphone for vocals!
  • I just got Rock Band. I tried doubling the Rock Band guitar for GH and it doesn't work. Am I stupid or is it not supposed to work?

And also, the mic isn't work, is there like an "on " switch for it?
  • FYI: Rock Band guitars do not work in Guitar Hero, but Guitar Hero guitars DO work with Rock Band (unless you have a PS3). I know Rob had some issues getting his GH controllers to work with Rock Band on the PS2 but he did manage to get them working. I know for sure that on the PS3 you can't mix and match guitars between the games (there is a battle happening between EA and Activision over this)

For the mic, you need to use a regular game controller to run the game and it will use the mic as the input for the person using the regular controller. That's how it works on the XBox 360 at least...there is no on/off switch on the 360 USB mic.

Mike
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    FYI: Rock Band guitars do not work in Guitar Hero, but Guitar Hero guitars DO work with Rock Band (unless you have a PS3). I know Rob had some issues getting his GH controllers to work with Rock Band on the PS2 but he did manage to get them working. I know for sure that on the PS3 you can't mix and match guitars between the games (there is a battle happening between EA and Activision over this)

Thats what I found too. I can use GH guitar in RB but not vice versa. Was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to have 3 guitars but I guess I might need to eventually
    BrennerM wrote: »
    For the mic, you need to use a regular game controller to run the game and it will use the mic as the input for the person using the regular controller. That's how it works on the XBox 360 at least...there is no on/off switch on the 360 USB mic.

Mike

I don't quite understand this part. So do you mean I start the game with my xbox controller instead of the guitar/drum?
  • Yes, the singer uses a controller to choose stuff from the menu. But they sing into the microphone and not the controller.
  • actually not a yes, you misread I think..you can still start the game with the other two (drums guitar)...but in order for the microphone/singer to opt into the game that individual uses the controller
  • Two songs left on expert: Raining Blood and (once I beat RB) Lou Battle.

I think I'm close to RB, I've survived Mosh1 twice but everything after that is even more insane than Mosh 1.. Sigh.

As for RB, I'm a platinum artist and can beat GGaHT (Expert) at will..

I also picked up GH2.. 3 songs away from finished that on expert, but I totally passed Freebird on Expert in one try..

Trying to learn TTFaF (and Jordan) but I dont think my sausage-like digits possess the ability to press and release the frets fast enough to get through the intro.
  • I'm excited about this in June but I'm sure most of you won't be....

preorder_aerosmith.gif
  • I'm excited about this in June but I'm sure most of you won't be....

Dream On was downloadable (free) through Xbox Live as a promotion.
  • Proud to report that I can now pass Raining Blood on Expert (by ignoring the green fret) and pass Mosh 1 without star power. Just the devil left to complete the quest from never playing to beating expert.

Edit: KoC and ONe left to 5 star on hard.
  • Free RB song download today