any help here?

recently i move up to 50NL from 25NL
and got my ass kick, just 1500hand, i have lost 193 dollar
almost 20% of my bankroll
so i drop down back to 25NL
now, i am back at 1000 bankroll, and want to try 50NL again.
is there anybody that can review my hands for 50NL and let me know what i did wrong in the first try?
if so, please PM me with your email, i'll sent over the HH
thanks

Comments

• let me know what i did wrong in the first try?
    1500 hands is not enough to assume you did something wrong, and losing 4 buy-ins really isn't that out-of-the-ordinary. Last year I actually lost 17 straight buy-ins, and only a couple were due to me playing badly, the rest were just a really horrid run of variance. The whole point of having 20-30 buy-ins is so that you can weather the storm when it happens. If you were winning consistently for a long period of time at the lower limit, just ride it out and see what happens. I know it's scary to see a bunch of your roll disappear, but I wouldn't start changing a long-term winning strategy on the basis of a few sessions.

With that said, I find it's a lot more helpful for someone to watch you play and chat about it as it's happening, or be on the same table with you. Reading HH doesn't give you the same feel for the table, and NL is very read-based.
  • Did you play the same game that you built your roll at 25NL with or were you playing differently when you took your shot?

If so, then what Beanie said. 4 buy-ins is easily variance.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Did you play the same game that you built your roll at 25NL with or were you playing differently when you took your shot?

If so, then what Beanie said. 4 buy-ins is easily variance.
    i could of play the same way as 25NL
    i find 50NL, alot of push.
    say AK rasie PF, miss the flop, cbet it. then vilian push all-in back to me.

say AQ raise PF, hit the flop, cbet it, then vilian push all-in back to me.

say KK 3bet PF with position, got mini checkraise on the JXXflop. then facing all-in bet on the turn.

1st one is easy fold
    2nd, i don't like to call without knowing if vilian is TAG or manaic, especially with 90-100BB.
    3.WTF
    because i new to 50NL, don't have enough statis...... serious consider to invest in datamine software now.....
    i am not sure WTF are they pushing me around with.
    but i do notice, at 50nl. for the limited showdown i have seem, AK & AQ, small pocket, is like limp in EP, raise/call raise in LP, raise EP only with pocket JJ+.
  • Based on no stack sizes or reads given:
    AK rasie PF, miss the flop, cbet it. then vilian push all-in back to me.

You are behind. Fold

say AQ raise PF, hit the flop, cbet it, then vilian push all-in back to me.

You are behind. Fold

say KK 3bet PF with position, got mini checkraise on the JXXflop. then facing all-in bet on the turn.

This almost always is a flopped set. Fold.

It looks like you have just run into a bunch of hands in your short visit to 50NL.

Just don't get crazy and start floating everyone or calling the pushes that you described above (unless you have a read). Just play your game.
  • recently i move up to 50NL from 25NL
    and got my ass kick, just 1500hand, i have lost 193 dollar
    almost 20% of my bankroll
    so i drop down back to 25NL
    now, i am back at 1000 bankroll, and want to try 50NL again.
    is there anybody that can review my hands for 50NL and let me know what i did wrong in the first try?
    if so, please PM me with your email, i'll sent over the HH
    thanks

Post your hands that you have questions about here...