K/W $10 NL Hold'em tournament Sat. Sept. 25th

No Limit Texas Hold’em Tournament
Saturday, Sept. 25, 2004

Buy-in: $10 (one rebuy allowed in the first hour if you drop below 300 chips)
Time: 7:00 PM
Address: 325 Pastern Trail, Waterloo (near Bridge and University)

The game is no limit Texas Hold’em. Each player receives 1000 in chips. We will play until all of the chips belong to one player, at which point the top four players will be paid out as follows:

1st place: 50%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%

During the first hour, you may rebuy if you are busted out or fall below 300 chips. You may rebuy only once.

The tournament will last approximately 3 to 4 hours. Seating is limited to 24 players, 8 per table. Please send an e-mail to ksxu@uwaterloo.ca to reserve your seat. If you are arriving late, please call Tyson at 635-2724 to inform him. Your blinds will be posted for you in your absence, and you have 40 minutes from the start of the tournament to show up and claim your seat.

BYOB

Comments

• Just a quick note; there will be room to start a quick side game if you bust out. Since it is Saturday if the games go a little later Im ok with that.

Redington
  • Damn.

I would love to go but have a prior commitment. Grrrrrrr........

(And that prior committment, if anyone is interested, is being the Front of House Manager for a showing of "Generation Gap" by Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre. See kwlt.org for details.)

Keep us posted on more dates and I'll definately make it out to one!
  • Still have room for ten more if anyone's interested!
  • This is my first chance at hosting and looking to make it a success....

We have room for 24 comfortably, 32 if were a little squished.

If you cant make it...
    For next time, What would it take to get more players? Woiuld you guys donate 2 bucks for the food beverage option (if we had 24 that means $50 for food)

smoking non smoking?

How much advance notice?

Different buy in? Bounty tourney? etc...

Hope you can make it, if yah cant what do we do to get you next time?

Thanks

:confused:
  • d'you have room for two more?

hork.
  • Already had big plans for Saturday or else I'd be interested. Hopefully I can make your next one!
  • The first time I see a post for a K-Town game and I can't even make it! :banghead:

The format is good, the time however (for me anyway) is not.

Hopefully, the tournament is a success and you will have more to come? I am definately interested in any other tournaments you may have or anyone else may have in the Tri-City area!

Just a suggestion, maybe an afternoon game next time?!?

Good luck to all who attend!
  • I would be more likely to make the drive for a higher buy-in. An earlier start wouldn't be terrible for me either. Drive about hour after a few hours of poker is less than optimal for me.

If the buy-in was in the $50 to $100 range I would definitely be interested.

Jamie.
  • Hork,

I m sure we do, if not we will make room for you.

Email slant'ngo at ksxu@uwaterloo.ca to confirm.

Thanks

Redington
  • To the guys who hosted and ran this, Great job!

Had a great time, let me know if you hold another one sometime.

PS: Professor - I should have made that last longer bet with you.. ;) Next time! :)

hork.
  • Thanks Hork, and I agree, great job Tyson, I loved the set-up in your garage.
  • Thanks to Slant N Go for directing the tourney, he did an amazing job.

He won the $10 Tourney for $150 top prize, but there was a later 25/50 cent PL side game that became very lucrative! The cash out of that game was $260.

I would like to keep these going, How would everyone feel about a texas NL game .50/1 with a buy in of $50 for next weekend?

Maybe another tourney if there is enough interest?

Redington
  • more thanks for the great tourny tyson, it was a great time.