Explain rakeback and it's pros/cons

I'm finally going to invest a few bucks online and keep hearing about Rake-back. What is it? Who offers it? What's the incentive to those people that do offer it? Just looking for a good understanding from the ground up before I decide to do it.

Comments

• rakeback
    Pro: free money
    con: you have to play to earn it
    for long term, rakeback is always good.
    i play 4 month, and the amount of rake i have paid has surplus my bankroll.
    if you don't have rakeback, you are missing out.
    contact me if you want me referral you ^^ i certainly don't mind.
  • Rakeback = helps you pad your winnings and make those losses hurt a little bit less...
  • How rakeback works is this...

Each hand/tournament/sng you play on a site, you're paying the site a fee which is called rake.

Poker sites usually have affiliate programs in which affililates (rakeback sites) introduce players to the poker site. In return for the referral, the affil gets a % of the rake that that player is paying. The rakeback affiliate then pays you back a % of what they got...thus you get rake back.

Example:
    You sign up on Full Tilt via a referral link from www.arakebacksite.com
    you play on Full Tilt and pay $100 in rake over the course of a month.
    Full Tilt pays a percentage of that to arakebacksite.com, let's say $50.
    arakebacksite.com then pays you $27.

There really isn't any con to using a rb program because you pay rake on EVERY site and anything to reduce the amount you pay is just more money in your bankroll.

PM me if you would like a referral to a rakeback site.
  • I have two rakeback sites that are good, they offer rakeback through a couple dozen different poker sites. 90% of my play goes to sites that pay me rakeback. Rakeback lasts forever. Even if a site decides to end rakeback, usually you get grandfathered in.

Con: if you don't like the site and decide to quit playing there, other affliate gifts or bonuses might be worth more to you.

I started off playing several sites for the gifts I could earn. But in the long term, it would have been better if I had been on rakeback instead. Especially on sites that have since ended the rakeback availability.

Some sites, you just can't get rakeback at all, like PokerStars and Party Poker, most (if not all) of the sites on the OnGame network, etc. Make sure you sign up for a gift through one of the affliate sites like Pokersourceonline if you decide to play at one of those. Might as well get something instead of nothing.

You can pm me if you want more specific site info.
  • Check out www.rakeswap.com check what site you play at.
  • speaking of rakebacks, i was considering joining cakepoker (and doing the rakeback through pso). anyone here use cakepoker? is it a good site to play on? comments?
  • Watts play cash game on there alot...I've downloaded it but haven't had a chance to play on it yet...seems like a decent site to play at..
  • software sucks but cake is good. mmm cake.
  • Is there any way to get rackback for a site that you are already playing on?

labeach2002
  • Sometimes...if you are not already affliated. ie. you signed up on your own.
  • i signed up on my own moose, want to refer me? poker stars ?

labeach2002
  • no rakeback for pokerstars. if you pm me i can give you the 2 sites I use.