PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - Online Sats

2»

Comments

• actyper wrote: »
    I still had reasonable stack sizes. My last bustout hand had 8BB.
    That is a contadiction. Reasonable stack sizes means at least an M of 10 (~15BB depending on antes).

Think of it this way. There was a guy who had you covered who pushed with 72o. How reasonable do you think he thought his stack was?

/g2
  • Not sure how passive the table had been, by 72o was (IMO) obviously trying to just steal the blinds. If he was called, atleast he was live (a bit more than a 2:1 dog)
    When you called, you bet he was cursing up a storm.
  • Ouch. That reeks actyper, bad luck.

His play is suspect but yours is reasonable. Better luck next time.
  • g2 wrote: »
    That is a contadiction. Reasonable stack sizes means at least an M of 10 (~15BB depending on antes).

Think of it this way. There was a guy who had you covered who pushed with 72o. How reasonable do you think he thought his stack was?

/g2

Late in a sng? Didn't notice I was actually the chip leader at the time and wasn't my "bustout" hand but it pretty much killed me.

What I didn't realize was this bigjoe guy is considered one of the best sng players today. When it got down to 3 handed he shoved every hand. I'm not a usual sng player and not really into the ICM stuff, but it has really got me thinking about what the most +ev ways are to play step sngs.

A step 5 sng last night and people were doing the same thing pretty often, even 5 handed. And not entirely a table filled with donks either, I registered then backed out of a step 4 with this lineup: bigjoe, timex, SPAmbrose, MIG.com ...

On that HH game I posted I was probably the most active player on the table. When it got down to 3 handed, was probably 45/45/10(bigjoe). He obv shoved every hand, and even after doubling up continued to do so.
    Late in a sng? Didn't notice I was actually the chip leader at the time and wasn't my "bustout" hand but it pretty much killed me.
    That's why you post stack sizes.

/g2
    And not entirely a table filled with donks either, I registered then backed out of a step 4 with this lineup: bigjoe, timex, SPAmbrose, MIG.com ...

ewwwwwww BigJoe2003 has winnings of 206k mainly playing Turbos
    I've seen shark and fish bowl icons on Sharkscope but never a rotating star.
  • g2 wrote: »
    That's why you post stack sizes.

/g2

Formatting makes it hard to see, but they are there.
  • Holy smokes I never actually checked his sharkscope stats. He's got 4 #1 rankings overall!
  • Haha, my eyes hurt now, but I found them. My bad.

So... avg M is 7.5. It's definitely push or fold time in my opinion. And it would appear that one of the best SNG players out there agrees. Or at least he does so on a table where the other 2 guys are waiting for A10s+.

/g2
  • Yeah thats where I think I need help in my ICM calculations. With the same payouts and a shover has 100% range, what is the minimum that you call with?

Similar example I ended up calling with Ax and lost to 82.

What would you call with, top 40%?
    Yeah thats where I think I need help in my ICM calculations. With the same payouts and a shover has 100% range, what is the minimum that you call with?

Similar example I ended up calling with Ax and lost to 82.

What would you call with, top 40%?
    Since when is the shover UTG every hand?

Shove back at him before he can!

/g2
  • Good luck guys.

BTW, I think it's not worthwhile talking about ROI % for tese steps satellites as you really aren't winning anything unless you beat the entire step to get your carib prize package.

Entering step 1, winning, then winning step 2, then win step 3, then winning step 4 and then losing step 5 would give you a great ROI% but that stat is useless in this context as you haven't won anything.
  • I just noticed that Stars will be running the steps until Sunday. They will be sold out of full packages. I suppose they only have a certain number of hotel rooms.

I wonder if they'll convert vouchers into seat-only steps.
  • Quimby,

Where did you get this information from?
  • Right on their site, or blog. Last mtt is sunday as well. Don't have much interest in winning a seat only so I guess I gotta play them.
  • I've spent 32000 fpp ($480 equivalent) in Step 1 buy-ins :

81 Step 1 (22 step-2, 13 repeats, 14 cashes); ROI=+17.3%
    30 Step 2 (9 step-3, 9 repeats, 3 step-1); ROI=+23.9%
    12 Step 3 (2 step-4, 3 repeats); ROI= -24.4%
    1 Step 4 (1 step-5 earned)

I just played my first step-4 and managed to earn a step-5 ticket. I estimate that I have a 20.6% chance of earning a PCA package.

Going into the home stretch I have one step-4 and one step-5 ticket. Including cash and new fpps earned, my current equity is $961.13.
  • Just finished a 6a tournament.

It was not to be, as we got down 4-handed with one huge stack (very good player) plus three small stacks. I sucked out a couple of times and managed second place.

I'll have to settle for $1500, as it appears that there will be no Bahamas for me in January.
  • $650 MTT Sunday afternoon paying multiple seats. I'm going to try the 2:00 am $11 turbo rebuy sattellite into that one.
  • Yeah i'm done with steps as well. Theres some 22rs to get into the 650 later this afternoon.