Seneca Pokerfest - Oct 27 to Oct 31

Here are some additional details: blinds will be the same for all four tournaments, only the round times will differ. Cannot book seat in advance with credit card. Apparently they have unlimited space for the tournaments so getting a seat should not be a problem (you should confirm to be sure). These tournaments may appeal to some players who like long blind levels and decent starting stacks. The $300 tournament has 30 minute rounds and $5,000 in starting chips. Seems like pretty decent play for the buy-in amounts and there are some tournaments during the weekend. Anyone playing? See link below for tournament details and blind structure.

http://www.senecapokerrooms.com/tournaments/pokerfest.php

Comments

• Myself and 2 buddies are playing the Sunday 500.00 buy in....should be fun.
  • I'm going for the 1k, but mostly hoping there are some good cash games
  • I was thinking of carpooling there on Saturday for the U$330 + 30% withholding ;) tournament, but it will depend if I get my choice of playing Day 1a of the WPT NAPC and what time it gets adjourned. I'll be busy on Sunday with a family celebration, but in the event that I don't make it to Day 2 of the WPT, I may play in the Monday tournament at Seneca.
  • I was planning to go to Seneca on tuesday oct 23 for the 10 am 100$ buy in..if i,m lucky enough to cash i might consider going the next Tuesday
  • Oops the next tuesday is day 2 of Mondays tournament...so much for that , cant go on a Monday
  • I plan to play in the Sunday event (assuming I can get across the border without a passport still); not sure why they have 25/50 blinds for the first two levels? one hour at 25/50, should be a long day (hopefully).
  • I'm playing the haunted Moosefest tourney so won't be going. I think a trip to Turning stone may be in order for some poker action especially with our $ being worth more now.
  • Anyone else play in the $300 tourney today? Anyone know why there was a HUGE jump in the blinds and why the tournament director didn't correct it and kept playing? I assume they've been running tournaments for a while now so how did this even happen? I was thinking of using some of my winnings for the $500 event with that incident plus a terrible dealer makes me think twice...
  • Played the 500 one yesterday with 3 other buddies...finished 26-28-33-36 out of a field of 95....I ran pretty well before first break up to 17K, then proceeded to get smashed when I misplayed several hands...final hand A3 vs KK..I didn't improve :(

Overall good tourney, one thing I noticed is the caliber of play is really weak in terms of people not being able to lay down hands when they are beat..which is great. Even in the final 2 tables I watched a shove of 28K UTG with blinds 800-1600 with KJ only to get called by 10s and Qs....I scratched my head on that one as the player with Qs basically got a free ride to the final table with that hand.

Posting a full trip report shortly...