Big stack - Raises and raises and raises.... etc

Hi,

How do you deal with a big stack that raises EVERY hand and got his big stack on some really lucky hands that miracly hits.

What kind of hand do you need to call/raise him? I mean you can't get run over especialy when the blinds gets a bit higher.

Comments

• I tell Haddon that he sucks and walk away.
  • I tell Haddon that he sucks and wheel him away.

I think he lost use of his legs in 'nam
  • I believe it was explained along with the 40th anniversary 'chalice' he was drinking from...all part of the ancient prophecy of him being born to become the "greatest player in Canada"

fwiw, I just stay out of his way until I've got 1010+ a-js+ and then I shove and lose to a much inferior hand.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »

fwiw, I just stay out of his way until I've got 1010+ a-js+ and then I shove and lose to a much inferior hand.

EXACTLY what I did!!

And that's EXACTLY what happened too.
  • I'm forming a support group AJ...I'll keep you posted. ;)
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I'm forming a support group AJ...I'll keep you posted. ;)

NO doubt, that he has the biggest horseshoe up his ass than any other person I know.
  • I do what Kristy said. OR I play really badly and keep calling hoping to flop something and double up.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Hi,

How do you deal with a big stack that raises EVERY hand and got his big stack on some really lucky hands that miracly hits.

What kind of hand do you need to call/raise him? I mean you can't get run over especialy when the blinds gets a bit higher.

just have to stay out of his way and hope for a big hand (and yes, then lose with it to rags). i have personally thrown in a reraise with nothing against players like this trying to resteal. you'd be surprised at how many times they will actually fold preflop. i obviously wait it out for the most part and gain the impression that i'm very tight/scared of the big stack, but if there's an obvious looking steal from their part (i.e. on BB where everyone folds to them sort of thing) i'd make a resteal attempt; especially if my stack is big enough to make a dent in their's (i.e. at least more than 50% of their stack).
  • Just hope to catch a monster and then check raise him!
  • his name wouldn't happen to be Mike would it? That or Jason, 2 guys I play with that gain big stacks by playing fearless (and either go up really fast or go home) and then raise almost every hand, and it's always fun watching high hands get busted time and time again to his rags. You wait til you get AA and he'll drop trip 3's on the river to send you home..
  • Dunno didn't ask the name as it was online lol