PC Week 2

Players Club

Last weekend, we attempted the first run of a series of tournaments; however the attendance was not up to par; fortunately, this weekend we are concentrating our efforts to get a single table up and running for the night.

The two options we we're considering to have available include:
1. A ring game (limit of no-limit) with 10 people, 50$ minimum buy-in.
2. A series of smaller tournaments, 50$ single table tournaments.

Basically, I would like to hear some input on who is interested in playing, and what limits/blinds level/types of tournaments that people want to play.

We have, also, received a great review courtesy of all_aces, for anyone who would like to view this, the link is:
Players Club Review

Thanks,

PC Toronto

Comments

• Id be interested in 50 buy in multi table tourney….smaller tourney probably 2-5 tables would be great. Ring game doesn’t interest me as much. What was the reason you feel for the low turnout? The buy in amount of $200?
  • Okay,

We have had some interest already in a sit and go style $50 tournament. Either one or two table for this Friday at 8 pm. So lets see how many people are in. (if its a one table we could probably run it 2 or 3 times depending, if its 2 table we would have a side game on the other table once they merge)

If you are interested place a post here. :)

So far we have,

1. Jason
    2. Phippo
  • Phippo44 wrote:
    Id be interested in 50 buy in multi table tourney….smaller tourney probably 2-5 tables would be great. Ring game doesn’t interest me as much. What was the reason you feel for the low turnout? The buy in amount of $200?

We did have 18 register, however the we feel the $200 may have scared them off when it came to game time.
  • Oh no its friday....damn. sorry I have an obligation friday night...pre wedding cocktail party thing I dont want to go to.

Well please let me know if you are doing it again or if you change it. geoffphipps@hotmail.com, im on msn too. thx.
  • The $50.00 tourney sounds interesting, but this Friday is no good for me, either. I'll be in Buffalo Friday night watching my nephew's team kick ass on the soccer pitch.
  • I am interested in tournaments or ring games
  • This weekend I am out of town. Too bad for me...
  • I'm busy this friday....but interested in future games.
  • So how many ppl do you have so far?
  • I am interested in playing in this game on Friday. I emailed you guys, please let me know if you got an extra chair.

Alistair
  • For all the information please email: playersclubpoker@hotmail.com, we will be sending out a second part of the newsletter for the week so please try to send us an email before friday.

Thanks,

PC Toronto
  • Hi All,

We are working on getting one table together for this Friday at 8pm.

1. Dev
    2. Jim
    3. Alis
    4. Jason
    5. John
    6. Azimk
    7. Neil
    8. Miro
    9. Zaj

We all so have a few others that we are waiting for responses back from.

We are only going to run if we get a minimum of 10 people confirmed and we will let you all know by tonight or early tomorrow morning.

If anyone else is interested email us at playerspokerclub@hotmail.com.
  • John huh, dare I ask. John last name begins with an H?
  • Hey Garro

John H said on Tuesday that he was coming, so yes, you will see him at work and after work!!
  • I might have another 3-4 people, I will let you know ASAP.
    PC Toronto wrote:
    Hi All,

We are working on getting one table together for this Friday at 8pm.

1. Dev
    2. Jim
    3. Alis
    4. Jason
    5. John
    6. Azimk
    7. Neil

We all so have a few others that we are waiting for responses back from.

We are only going to run if we get a minimum of 10 people confirmed and we will let you all know by tonight or early tomorrow morning.

• Count me in.

Zaj
  • Hi All,

Looks like its a go! :)

1. Dev
    2. Jim
    3. Alis
    4. Jason
    5. John
    6. Azimk
    7. Miro
    8. Zaj
    9. ?
    10. ?

So lets count this as eight for sure (more than last week lol) if we need to shore up the numbers we are a couple of poker players.

Or if we have missed anyone let us know (ID's and real names are confusing :banghead: ), and again if you know anyone that may want to come let us know. We still have 3 or 4 people that have not responded, but with this group and a stragler or two we are definetly on for tomorrow. We will resend the pertanant info to everyone tonight or tomorrow morning.

• I can probably bring another player too. I will let you know later today...

Alistair
  • Hi All,

Looks like its a go! :)

1. Dev
    2. Jim
    3. Alis
    4. Jason
    5. John
    6. Azimk
    7. Miro
    8. Zaj
    9. Chris (cancelled)
    10. Paul

11. Stefan (may stop by if someone doesn't show)

Well it looks like we got one table. :) If there is anyone else interested we may play a side game as people drop out of the first tourney. Let us know at playersclubpoker@hotmail.com. As well if you all have any other friends that want to come same thing applies.

See you tonight and we will be resending information very soon.
  • We playing a single-table tournament or a cash game?
  • The original plan is to play $50 sit and go style tourney to start and if people want to play more after or on the side we can.
  • Sounds good! Freezeout?
  • 8 pm start time right? I may be running a little late... But I will be there.
  • How did the game go Friday? Any plans for this Friday?

Chiefzajj