Help me, help you :)

Ok, so I really want to get a rewards system in place that will keep on promoting growth and activity...this includes give aways and prizes and all that fun stuff. I've got a few things milling around in my head at the moment, but if any of you have any ideas to share I'm all ears. Please PM me your thoughts on what kinds of things you'd like to see, and I'll see what can be done about bringing them to fruition. :)

Your friendly neighbourhood Sloth.

Comments

• I have plans for building two different types of tables that I bought on Ebay. I would be willing to donate these as a prize if anyone likes that idea.
    One is for a round table, with padded rails. The other is for an Octagon table.

I built one of them myself, you can see the work in progress:

-> general poker chat -> cup holders for poker table?
  • Sloth: How about organizing a small tourny for the board members. Minimum number of post to get in?

Jeremy: The pictures do not work in the "cupholder" post, I only see red X's.
  • Would this be on an online tourny?

I live in Winnipeg, I would love to join a board member tourney.
  • I was thinking a live tourny but online isn't a bad idea either.
    We could set up a private table for playmoney but the winner gets a prize of some sort..
    What do you think sloth?
  • all great ideas. I don't see any reason why live and online tournies couldn't be organized. Now my mind is spinning faster!
  • I had this exact thought yesterday, but I was thinking of playing for money. The problem of trying to play with play money is that most sites don't even have play money tournaments at all, and even if they did I doubt they would be willing to organize a private play money tournament for us.

I think PokerStars may be receptive to running private cash tournaments. If we want to give prizes in addition to the actual cash prizes, we could do that too. Or even if we just wanted to run some (regular or not) pokerforum.ca tournaments that's another thing we could consider.

I definitely think that online makes more sense than B&M, since we're from all over the place.

ScottyZ
  • Great call, Online tourney would be perfect, but if it's not possible there seem to be enough people on here from Southern Ontario to have a live tourney.
    Hope it happens soon!
  • I'd be in for an online tourney or two... or three... :D
  • Count me in for online or something in Ontario B&M
  • For the pictures check out http://www.geocities.com/pokerplayeraa2000/poker/

Go through them all to see the finished product, plus some of the construction.
  • I would love to play in an online tourney against all you guys (real or play money).