Port Perry Sept 18, 2004

Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted but I'm back.

Just want to let you know that I have returned from a profitable
evening at Port Perry.

Trouble is that waiting list is too long on a Saturday night. When I got there around 9:00, the waiting list for the 5/10 was about 2.5 hours and 1.5 hours for the 10/20. I singed up for the 10/20, went to the buffet with my girlfriend and then started my game for the night.

I normally don't play live games, it was only my fourth visit to Port Perry, but I noticed that when I play I play much more tighter than I do online. When I sit at the table, I sit up straight with lots of confidence, but for some damn reason, I refuse to play good draws when the opportunity arises.

I found myself sitting back for premium hands, and thankfully the gods of poker presented me with many pockets Aces and Kings that faired me well.

I had receieved a swift kick to the butt when I had trip kings and so did another gentlemen at my table... except I had a 10 kicker. He had a Jack. Lost almost one third of my stack in that one hand. I've noticed that I don't tilt much... I seem to do the opposite and play even more tighter.

Just wondering if anyone has some hints or tips they can provide me with, and if anyone is heading to Port Perry or Rama this weekend, give me a shout.

Thanks

Comments

• Well, this may not be for 10/20, but when I play 2/5, I never let my stack size decide how I will play. if you have a good draw, its probably best to play it out if your getting the outs.