Did I play this hand well?

Ok so I have been playing poker for a while, and I'm trying to build my bankroll to 13 buy-ins for 5c/10c NLHE and I'm currently at 5$ 1c/2c at stars.
Anyways wanted to know if I played this well/what I could of done better or if i played it like crap.
There are 5 players all above 1 dollor.
I am dealt KQo
I min raise preflop, 4 ppl see the flop, 20 cent pot.
flop comes KQ10.
At this point im pretty confident I have the best hand so I raise 6c.
I get 2 calls (1 fold).
I'm sorta worried about the AJ, should I have raised more?

Afterwards I turn the 2nd nuts KQ10[Q] (only KK can beat me, and I'm 99.9% sure nobody has it).
I check, next guy bets 20c, next calls, ??
I wasen't sure if I should just call or raise
I decided to min raise to 40c, first guy folds, other calls.
River is a dead card.
other guy raises 60, i reraise 60, he reraises 1,20$, i make him all in, he calls and I win.
Did I play it right for the most part/please tell me anything I did wrong (and i aware i probly messed up.. im still at 1c2c

Comments

• Baby Jesus would cry if he read your description of the hand.

Stars has hand history. Click on the dealer tray. You can even request history on your past x hands. Give it a try.
  • I agree with -ev, HH are much better, but a few thoughts

- Min-raises cause cancer, if you're going to raise, raise a decent amount, at least 3xBB, but at these tables, 5xBB+ is getting called.

- Your flop bet of 6c is a little light, in a 20c pot, on a board like that you want to make your opponents make a mistake by calling. Anyone with a J now has to call 6c into a 26c pot, giving them better than 4:1 odds to draw to their open ended straight draw, I call that all day. A bet of at least 1/2 the pot is required to take away those odds (you don't mention suits either, so flush draws on top would require a larger bet). Also, in poker, the point is to squeeze the most $ out of pots you do win. I'd bet whatever I thought people would call, and at this level, 15c is probably getting called twice.

- Turn is an excellent card. There's no conceiveable way KK is out there since there was no raise pre-flop, there was no raise on a draw heavy board, especially when they would have had a customer (i.e. you) raising and obviously willing to put money in. Of course, this limit isn't necessarily displaying excellent play.

- Turn play is a matter of style / read of the table. You're assuming you now have the best hand - so how do we get the most money in? A check is one way, and fine, but check/raising kills action. If I check here, I call after a raise. Personally, I'm more likely to put out a bet off the mark here, make it look like a defensive bet though, maybe 15c into the 40c pot. I'm trying to make the others think I had something like AK and am now scared of trips, trying to get someone else to pop it up. I'd likely then call again to a re-raise.

- min re-raises cause cancer

- I think that you got a very nice pot here, but the play you've exhibited would have scared me off of anything but a boat by the turn. If and when you move up, this approach won't be as profitable in my opinion. Moose recently said it best, something along the lines of "When you want to build a big pot, you do it by betting, getting more money in there, so BET".

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I agree with -ev, HH are much better, but a few thoughts

- Min-raises cause cancer, if you're going to raise, raise a decent amount, at least 3xBB, but at these tables, 5xBB+ is getting called.

- Your flop bet of 6c is a little light, in a 20c pot, on a board like that you want to make your opponents make a mistake by calling. Anyone with a J now has to call 6c into a 26c pot, giving them better than 4:1 odds to draw to their open ended straight draw, I call that all day. A bet of at least 1/2 the pot is required to take away those odds (you don't mention suits either, so flush draws on top would require a larger bet). Also, in poker, the point is to squeeze the most $ out of pots you do win. I'd bet whatever I thought people would call, and at this level, 15c is probably getting called twice.

- Turn is an excellent card. There's no conceiveable way KK is out there since there was no raise pre-flop, there was no raise on a draw heavy board, especially when they would have had a customer (i.e. you) raising and obviously willing to put money in. Of course, this limit isn't necessarily displaying excellent play.

- Turn play is a matter of style / read of the table. You're assuming you now have the best hand - so how do we get the most money in? A check is one way, and fine, but check/raising kills action. If I check here, I call after a raise. Personally, I'm more likely to put out a bet off the mark here, make it look like a defensive bet though, maybe 15c into the 40c pot. I'm trying to make the others think I had something like AK and am now scared of trips, trying to get someone else to pop it up. I'd likely then call again to a re-raise.

- min re-raises cause cancer

- I think that you got a very nice pot here, but the play you've exhibited would have scared me off of anything but a boat by the turn. If and when you move up, this approach won't be as profitable in my opinion. Moose recently said it best, something along the lines of "When you want to build a big pot, you do it by betting, getting more money in there, so BET".

Mark

tyvm much appreciated, helps alot!
    I will post proper history next time :)