I am a NL DONKEY!!!!

$25 NL

Ok,

I played this weak, got greedy. I wanted everyone to come along for the ride. I was going to pop the turn but then when buddy went all-in I figured just call to see if anyone else would come with me and I could soak them on the river.

The poker Gods had other plans.

I don't consider this a bad beat at all, I wanted the action. I doubt Twin gets away from this hand and the end result is probably the same regardless but should I have popped the flop? I know calling with small pairs in early position can be dangerous but it was a limpy table.

Hand P4-49648201-518, Started at 9/11/2007 10:26 PM (EDT)
Table 'Labe': $0.25-$0.25 No Limit HE (Real)
Seat 0: SlamWithNuts ($24.50 in chips)
Seat 1: _TwIn1_ ($6.20 in chips)
Seat 2: Donk.E ($30.95 in chips)
Seat 3: Rebadow ($34.80 in chips)
Seat 4: BA3-2102 ($25.10 in chips)
Seat 5: krabbtjuven ($5.45 in chips)
Seat 6: hst316L ($15.10 in chips)
Seat 7: frederic10x ($13.80 in chips)
Seat 8: Grobarcina ($14 in chips)
Seat 9: zzizzi ($20.95 in chips) (on the button)
*** Blind Bet Round *** :
SlamWithNuts : Post Blind ($0.15)
_TwIn1_ : Post Blind ($0.25)
Dealt to Donk.E: 4s
Dealt to Donk.E: 4d
*** Pre-Flop *** :
Donk.E : Call ($0.25)
Rebadow : Call ($0.25)
BA3-2102 : Call ($0.25)
krabbtjuven : Fold
hst316L : Call ($0.25)
frederic10x : Fold
Grobarcina : Call ($0.25)
zzizzi : Call ($0.25)
SlamWithNuts : Call ($0.10)
_TwIn1_ : Check
*** Flop *** : 4c 9s 6d
SlamWithNuts : Check
_TwIn1_ : Bet ($1)
Donk.E : Call ($1)
Rebadow : Call ($1)
BA3-2102 : Fold
hst316L : Fold
Grobarcina : Call ($1)
zzizzi : Fold
SlamWithNuts : Fold
*** Turn *** : [ 4c 9s 6d ] 9c
_TwIn1_ : Bet ($4.95)
_TwIn1_ : All In ($4.95)
Donk.E : Call ($4.95)
Rebadow : Fold
Grobarcina : Fold
*** River *** : [ 4c 9s 6d 9c ] Kh
Dealt to _TwIn1_: 9h
Dealt to _TwIn1_: Kc
Dealt to _TwIn1_: 9h
Dealt to _TwIn1_: Kc
Dealt to Donk.E: 4s
Dealt to Donk.E: 4d
_TwIn1_ : Show Cards
Donk.E : Show Cards
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $15.15 | Rake: $0.75
Board: [ 4c 9s 6d 9c Kh ]
SlamWithNuts lost $0.25
_TwIn1_ bet $6.20, collected $15.15, net $8.95 Shows [ 9h Kc ] (a full house, nines full of Kings)
Donk.E lost $6.20 Shows [ 4s 4d ] (a full house, fours full of nines)
Rebadow lost $1.25
BA3-2102 lost $0.25
krabbtjuven lost $0
hst316L lost $0.25
frederic10x lost $0
Grobarcina lost $1.25
zzizzi lost $0.25

Comments

• If you pop it to $4 then twins allin shove doesn't reopen the betting and you trap more cash in the pot if you get other callers behind you.

If you had something a little weaker like 2pr or overpr you could make it $2.50, then if twins moves allin, you can shove overtop to isolate.

btw welcome back to Ongame.
  • moose wrote: »
    If you pop it to $4 then twins allin shove doesn't reopen the betting and you trap more cash in the pot if you get other callers behind you.

I didn't realize this...results would have been the same likely but I know I should have popped it but I got greedy and did not want to lose anyone that was in the hand. I figured it was a safe board for me to slow play..the poker Gods bitch-slapped me. ;)
  • Big E wrote: »
    I got greedy and did not want to lose anyone that was in the hand.

That is a bad LIMIT mentality. I thought you got away from limit to prevent players from chasing you down.

If you got greedy then u definitely should have raised. Building pots that players can't get away from is what makes you money in nl.
  • Not a bad beat at all, i would agree with most of your decision
  • you will lose that hand 1/10 times even less, just unlucky
  • fdart17 wrote: »
    you will lose that hand 1/10 times even less, just unlucky

I ran it through a pot odds calculator and was surprised to learn that our hero was only 84% on the turn to win. At first glance I thought it would be less but, of course, a 6 would have shipped it to the villian as well.
  • Some people are going to think this is a joke, but if you raised there's a chance the river wouldn't have filled him up. From what I read about FTP's RNG, the exact moment you click affects everything. It is only after you click that the RNG comes up with a card. So by reraising, he's the next clicker. The odds that the river card fills him up is the same, but the actual moment you click is when the RNG kicks in.

When people say 'damn, if I called I would've hit a set' is inaccurate according to FTP's forum moderator. Because if the person called, it's a different time sequence for the RNG.
  • HP_John wrote: »
    Some people are going to think this is a joke, but if you raised there's a chance the river wouldn't have filled him up. From what I read about FTP's RNG, the exact moment you click affects everything. It is only after you click that the RNG comes up with a card. So by reraising, he's the next clicker. The odds that the river card fills him up is the same, but the actual moment you click is when the RNG kicks in.

When people say 'damn, if I called I would've hit a set' is inaccurate according to FTP's forum moderator. Because if the person called, it's a different time sequence for the RNG.
    Definitely wrong.
  • Playing a game with blinds such as .25/.25 and depending on your read of how the players have been playing, you should safely assume that there are going to be some to be chasing their cards or think that they're 2nd-best hand (at the time) will hold up.

By betting out, you may lose a couple of players, but you'll still keep one/two players that hit. You can focus on taking more of the stacks that are still in the hand as opposed to taking a little bit of everyone's by flat-calling. I find it easier to focus on a small number of people/hands that I could be up against than having half the table in the hand.

I've tried to pull the same move a few times before and i've gotten my hand cracked and counterfeited a number of times too. I've tried to improve that aspect (especially with AA). Just bet out, someone should be along for the ride. If not, well at least you won a pot, small albeit, but at least not losing a big one.
  • DP_Machine wrote: »
    By betting out, you may lose a couple of players, but you'll still keep one/two players that hit. You can focus on taking more of the stacks that are still in the hand as opposed to taking a little bit of everyone's by flat-calling. I find it easier to focus on a small number of people/hands that I could be up against than having half the table in the hand.

I agree. I think like Moose said I had my LIMIT hat on, it's hard to take it off as I've played so much more limit then nl. I think in the future I will pop in this situation most times, the end result in this case likely doesn't change but letting people stick around cheap can burn you.

Obviosuly K9 makes money.