KWLT Fundraising BBQ and -EV Poker Day! - Sat Sept 15th

Kitchener Waterloo Little Theatre is hosting a fundraising BBQ this Saturday, Sept 15th, at the site of the KWLT Rebuild project (9 Princess St. East in downtown Waterloo)

There will also be a silent auction with lots of great items to bid on. Experience from the last couple years is that you can get some fun stuff pretty cheap. (ie. Last year, we got a Spinning Tower of Booze, just like the one in my room and it went for $20!)

Last and certainly not least, I've been put in charge of the fun events of the day, and here's what I have planned...

-> First and forement, will be the ultra fabulous, "Day of -EV Poker". These $5 SnG's will offer no cash prize, but will instead offer up a free pair of tickets to an upcoming show to the winner. (One possible show that you may wish to attend is my upcoming musical, "Mrs. Bob Cratchit's Wild Christmas Binge!")

-> I'll be keeping track of a points system throughout the day, and the overall points leader will get a set of Season Tickets for the 2007/2008 KWLT Season.

-> In addition, you can use this event to start earning Bonus Chips for the upcoming 2007 Bristol Street Bender (this year's 24 Hour tournament!) For simply showing up and playing, I'll make sure you get a bonus 10,000 chips. The overall winner of the day, (if they play in the Bender), will get a bonus 25,000 added to their stack!

-> But, there is more than poker! A TV will be set up, and Guitar Hero will be brought in for the day!

-> Finally (and this is still a work in progress), assuming we can get a projector, monstrous games of Wii Bowling will be available to be played!!

Wii Bowling, Guitar Hero, -EV Poker and BBQ. Sounds like a great day!

The event runs from 11am til roughly 3pm. Hope to see you out!!

Comments

• When does the first sng start?
  • Once we get 8-10 players signed up. Basically, I'll have two tables going, each running a single table SnG. Once we have the players, it starts. The tournaments will be designed to complete in about an hour.

These aren't likely going to have a high skill level, but my main goal is the cause we're supporting, and to get people out and enjoying the afternoon.

I even have the city's permission to run it!
  • Zithal wrote: »
    I even have the city's permission to run it!

HOLY SHIET!
  • Zithal wrote: »
    -> First and forement, will be the ultra fabulous, "Day of -EV Poker".
    This is truly a great honour but it is "-ev".