Strange Rebuy at Tiger

Tiger Gaming is having a $100+$8 freezeout tournament on September 8th with a $25000 guarantee and a 3000 starting stack. Probably the biggest tournament that site has had since it is a pretty small site. I don't check in to their promotions page often but I discovered this today:

“For players who earn 1,000 or more POP points during the month of August, we will add one GemStone to their account which can be used to add 3,000 chips during the five-minute, first-hour break of the tournament! POP points must be earned from Aug.1 - Aug.31, 2007.”

This could have been posted at the announcement of the tournament. I don't know. Some players will not have cleared that requirement (I have btw). There are no cash rebuys.

Does this seem strange/unfair to anyone else?

Comments

• I agree that this isn't a very fair way to represent the tournament structure. It is also a very strange way to run a tournament. How quickly do the blinds escalate? What are they at the 1hr break? Depending on that, an extra 3K might only be a couple of blinds worth.
  • I've only played a few tournaments there. I was more than discouraged to play tournaments when the client closed on me when I had to move tables. It was apparently a common occurence there. It took a few minutes to get the client to restart and get to my new table.

I think the blinds start pretty low (10/20) with 12 minute levels. The blinds will be at 50/100 or so at the break so the addon is huge.