Trying to organize a large tourney in London, ON

What buy-in would interest you and your friends/family to come and play in a tourney in London? A small group of us are aiming for a hundred players. There wouldn't be a rake or take by the house whatsoever. We have access to a warehouse so room isn't an issue.

I was thinking in the $50 -$100 range would be enough to get some of you to drive out and play but not to much to break anyone's bank.

Please post if your interested in something like this.

So far we are recruiting in London, Brantford, and their surrounding areas.

I guess that we will looking at November as the potential date.

Please post your thoughts.

Jamie.

P.S. Tourney will be No-Limit Hold'em

Comments

• $50-$100 sounds like a good range, count me in.

Dennis
  • where you at?
  • I'd be in at the lower end of that range. (soon to be unemployed, so $100's out for me) Keep us posted...
  • ... are you looking at? If the date is good, I would be able to round up a few people to come over to London for a tourney.
  • No set date yet...trying to get an idea of $$$ for buy-in. Looking at Novemberish. First step is to pick a buy-in amount. We really want to make this as large as possible.
  • I would be interested 50 -100 sounds good...im in TO but have friends there and wouddl do ti
  • Does anyone have any alternative to renting tables and chairs?
  • Playing on the floor? :)

Not only do you have that cost, but there's also the chips. 100 people? 1000 chip count? You'd either go 15/13/6 or 10/10/7 (not recommened) which means you need about 3,400 just to get the ball rolling (not counting colour ups.)
  • LOL... but not at you. The small group of us organizing (or least trying to) have emassed well over 1,000 each. One of us has 2,300 alone. Within our group I don't doubt that we have over 10,000 chips.

I have organized two other larger tourneys there 40 and 30 players at each. Both went smoothly but the rental costs are something great to eliminate.

I have made two tables (Hold'em style of course) but that is no where near what we will need. If there were some others that tables that we could use that would awesome.

I have had no problem telling people to bring their own chair.

Anyway keep on posting your help is aprreciated.

Jamie.

Oh, yeah I have even started picking up KEMs to play with. We are huge Hold'em dorks.
  • ... doesn't matter at my end. Just need a date so plans can be made with the better half and the little ones. :)

I have no problem bringing my own chair and I think that would be easy for most. If it's a problem, I'm sure some people can bring more.

How many people at a table will you have? Just wondering for what size table you are looking for?
  • The two tables I have made easily fit 10 players but could use smaller tables for 8? if they're readily available.