best wwe match of all time!

just wondering anyones comments on there fav wwe match of all time

my fav is by far the i quit match between rock and mankind

i think mankind gets screwed because rock uses a tape recorded of mankind saying i quit. but amaszing match lights go out in the building when mankind gets chucked of into the equiment

Comments

• Rock v Hogan WM X8 Skydome.
  • Depends on your taste I guess

Kurt Angle / Benoit matches were always fantastic
    Shelton Benjamin vs. HBK on Raw a few years back was phenomenal

I was at WMX8 for Rock/Hogan, and that was the "hottest" match for crowd participation.

I'd say the best match from a "complete" point of view - story, wrestlers, twists, near falls, etc. would be Stone Cold vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania XVII in Houston - great build up, and these two WENT at it...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I'd say the best match from a "complete" point of view - story, wrestlers, twists, near falls, etc. would be
    British Bulldog vs Hitman

Others pretty close are the Hart/Michaels IronMan and Razor/Michaels first ladder match.
  • Hart/Michaels IronMan

Oh god.. I watched that one on PPV back in the day and it dragged on FOREVER... It sounds like a cool match in retrospective, but once you realized that there werent going to be any pinfalls at all around the 15min mark.... ugh. I can remember everyone in the room pleading for it to end.
  • Bruno Sammartino vs Bobo Brazil... When men were men and wrestling was wrestling... hehe
  • Would you believe I think I've seen that match Jeff?

Was it for the title? I think I caught it on the "history of the WWE championship" DVD...

Bret Hart did have some great matches too, I was talking more recently that Cole would know of. ;)

For "iconic image" factor, WM III Hulk Slamming Andre was amazing.

Mark
  • The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan-WMX8
    The Hitman vs HBK-Iron Man

and Mankind vs Taker-Hell in a Cell

Brother!!! ;)
  • Sucks that we're only rating WWE(F) matches... ;)

One of my favorites is Bret Hart v. Steve Austin (WM13, with Ken Shamrock as special guest ref). A very dramatic match which did one of the few double-turns that I'd ever seen. (Hart went bad, Austin when 'good').

Having Austin pass out and lose the match from blood loss while in the Sharpshooter was simply an awesome ending.

Other matches that no one else will ever rate as high as I will..

British Bulldogs v. Valentine/Beefcake (WM2 - Big time mark at the time, I saw this live via Closed Circut TV in Michigan. I screemed myself horse over the course of the match and my absolutely favorite wrestlers, the Bulldogs FINALLY won the tag titles with a really fun ending.)

Edge v. Kurt Angle (Hair v Hair match - ??) Not sure when it took place, but the best part of the match was a female friend who was in LOVE with Edge (and his hair), and was freaking out and nearly crying everytime Edge got close to losing. It didn't help matters that Mark and myself were counting every two count as a three count, causing her to freak out and scream. Very enjoyable!

Lastly, if we can talk about other federations, while I still need to see more of their library, my currently #1 all-time favorite match is...

Brian Danielson v. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title - Supercard of Honor) - a 56 minute classic. (Not an Ironman match)

aisde: The Dragongate match on the same card is wickedly awesome too, in that flying spotfest kind of way. I'm also guessing that there are other ROH matches that I haven't seen that I would probably like even more, but that's my favorite so far.
  • I was thinking much the same as Zithal, the Strong / Danielson match was fantastic in its psychology... I *STILL* wish that match had ended with a wristlock.

We're going to have to get a hold of a good quality version of the Samoa Joe vs. CM punk match too.

Mark
  • Savage and Dragon WWIII at the Silver Dome 45 min. match

Savage and Hitman Saturday Night Main Event another 45 min classic match and was the first to break Harts figure 4 move.

Haystack Halune and 2 little wrestles verses King Kong Bundy and two little wrestlers. With Bundy doing a splash on the little guy and then it was everyone verses Bundy

Prophet :2h :2s