Slowplaying High PPs

I've noticed a recent trend at NL live amongst LAG to slowplay a high PP preflop. They think by disguising their hand, they can stack another overpair (ie 99 & 10s on a low-mid flop). This is OK if these guys can get away from their high PP, but too often they can't.

By flatcalling a raise instead of isolating w/ a reraise they invite everyone in for cheap. It's not a good idea to play a high PP multiway if you can't get away. Multiway, it's too easy to get outflopped by 2 pr or a set.

Reraising helps you to be able to put others on a range, whereas people can call w/ anything on just a std raise (then these LAG have no idea about others' ranges & 'have to call').

When they can't get away & lose to 2 pr or a set, they complain about how unlucky they got. Ironically, I see them getting stacked more often than times they're stacking other overpairs.

Comments

• HP_John wrote: »
    This is OK if these guys can get away from their high PP
    Here endeth the lesson for the day. Amen. (Seems like Amen was not enough to keep CPF happy. And then it's Sunday afterall!)
  • It all depends on the person...I played a 2k NLHE at the WSOP this year and was donked on the head via running hearts(84 off beat me when i trapped with kings on a flop of 8-2-2 1 heart)...Rough but genius lol... Oh did I mention this was in the first 20 min of the tourney vs the terrible Bel0wab0ve? :)
  • Ive noticed too many mid PP's and high PP's getting run over by subpar hands, I say stick to your guns, and play your game.
  • I personally wouldn't do it.
    But the players you see do it are most likely better then I/we are.