100K / Allin for the Cure Tourney Re-scheduled

For those of you who had a seat to this thing this coming Thursday and didnt get this in your email.....

"It is to our dismay and disbelief that the "All in for the Cure" $100,000 Free Charity Poker Tournament has been postponed. Due to endorsement issues involving the other contributors, the tournament has been rescheduled for Sunday, September 23, 2007.

"All in for the Cure" was approached by the AGCO (Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario) and told that since the tournament is being held at a licensed establishment, for the event to be run legally, our representing charities must possess gaming licenses. Regrettably, one of the charities involved does not possess such a license. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to alter this unwanted change in events."... etc etc

Comments

• I look forward to Matty's comments on this change in date, etc. Apparently there are over 200 people already registered for this tournament.
  • I'm just hoping the rescheduled tournament is still at the Liberty Grand. I haven't been there myself but others who have say it is a really beautifull place.
  • Actually got a followup call from 1deal.ca today... was impressed that they were very thorough about any concerns, questions etc.

My read says they're holding pocket Queens... we'll see if they hold up.
  • Looks like the $50 add-on is no longer part of the tournament structure. Apparently it is now a freeze out according to the 1deal website. Tournament is still planned to proceed according to the website.